iMovie

Talk about your the latest and greatest video editing systems, like Final Cut Pro, Casablanca Avio, etc.

iMovie

Postby Stump Killer » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:28 am

I use iMovie on my Mac. Because five minutes of live video requires one gig of memory, I have a gig of RAM and over 500 gigs of hard drive. The program lets me work with audio as well as video. I'll try and post a video or two one of these days, when I figure out how to do it. So far I can't find any prompter on how to post video or stills, so if someone can help along those lines, I'd sure be grateful.
Stump Killer
Junior Scout

Postby Da_north2100 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:43 am

Stump Killer,

I'm not a Mac user, yet and I'm not sure but that produces in quicktime correct?

You can upload your clips to google video then just copy the link from there into your post. Then people just click on the link to watch the video. Right now that is I'm going to do it until I figure out a better way.

Jim
Psalms 40:4 Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust,
Da_north2100

imovie

Postby Stump Killer » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:31 pm

Yes, it's a quick time video, but if I'm going to a DVD with it, it's an mpg compression. I can change the file to wmv with out too much problem -- I think. I've managed to get a couple of videos on you tube, so I think I could go the google route without too much of a problem. At 70 my short term memory keeps me messed up most of the time, but I'll give it a go and see what happens. I have problems viewing just about every other wmv movies people email me, so I convert them to quick time, and they play fine. This Mac is a good machine, but it aint perfect, that's for sure, and the guy running it leaves a lot to be desired also. Thanks for the info.
Stump Killer
Junior Scout

Postby Da_north2100 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:22 pm

I will say that there are not many 70 year old's that know how to turn on a computer let alone mix videos on them. Great job for keeping up with this ever changing world.
I hope to have a Mac by the end of next year only because I know they are good for video editing and also I might have a chance to use Final Cut Pro which is a Mac editing software.

Jim
Da_north2100

Postby Stump Killer » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:08 pm

I've been told that Final Cut Pro is an awesome program. imovie does professional grade work, and there have only been a couple of things that I've wanted to do that I couldn't, and I'll bet that final cut has that taken care of. My only real complaint with imovie is it takes so long to down load the final product onto a DVD. I've done some hour long video's of weddings, (one hour is max for quality video, it will compress to an hour and a half, but I've never done that) anyhow, on an hour video it takes most of all day for the computer to get everything done that it's doing, and able to burn the DVD. Then it seems to me like every time there is something that screws up, and you have to start the burn process over. That is very aggravating, and hopefully Final Cut has that problem a little more under control. If you stop and think about it though, the computer has to compress every frame of video, and in an hour program, that's over 100,000 frames, so it's always going to take awhile. Also, depending on how many different transitions, that affects the burn time also, and I like short scenes and tend to use lots of dissolves. I think you will be impressed with Final Cut.
Stump Killer
Junior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Jim, I heard that your selling your editing system, is that true?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Da_north2100 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:59 am

Yes, I did have it for sale and it sold a few weeks ago. Praise God given our economy I was able to sell it. Now saving for a Mac. Thanks for asking Mike, I was going to post it the week I found out someone was interested in buying it.
Da_north2100

Return to Editing Systems