Word of the Day, March 4, 2019, 1 Thessalonians 1:1-4

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, March 4, 2019, 1 Thessalonians 1:1-4

Postby Marty » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:47 am

Word of the Day, March 4, 2019

“ I'm gonna sing, in the middle of the storm. Louder and louder, you're gonna hear my praises roar. Up from the ashes, hope will arise, Death is defeated, the King is alive!”

1 Thessalonian 1:1-4

1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;
3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

I have written about Paul writing letters to the early churches and starting them out and finishing them with kind and gentle words like grace be with unto you, giving thanks to you always, that he is praying for them and their church and that the Lord Jesus Christ be with thy spirit.

This Saturday I was with a young man that I am mentoring and he was reading the letter from Paul to the Thessalonian Church and he had a revelation that this and all of Paul’s epistles were truly a letter from his heart to the churches and their members that he had a burdened for and love dearly. He talked about letters he received over his lifetime and what they meant to him coming from someone that he loved. I too have experienced this during my time in Canaan and at 4 pm each and every day it was mail time and you just hoped that your name was called that you had mail from family, friends or other believers in Christ. These letters were filled with love, encouragement and even corrections at times just like Paul’s letters were to the new churches. I wished Paul were around today writing letters to the churches of today.

This young man got it as he read this letter. He heard Paul’s passion and zeal for Christ. He felt Paul’s love for his brethren’s and to share the true of the Gospel even if it was hard to hear sometimes. He looked at it a whole different way as if it he received a letter from Paul to himself. Guess what? He did receive a letter from Paul through the Holy Scriptures preserved right in front of us from the only living book throughout the world, The Bible!

As I often have in my past WOD’s, because of my own experience, I encourage you to spend time in the Word of GOD today and let the words jump out at you and see what this young man saw through Paul’s writings, that there is only one way and that is Christ Jesus!

“ I’m knocking on doors, You’re keeping the keys, Maybe they’ll open, maybe they’re not for me. I’m setting the sails, You ready the seas, but I won’t make a move until You move in me.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology