Word of the Day, February 27, 2019, Luke 1:64

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, February 27, 2019, Luke 1:64

Postby Marty » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:17 am

Word of the Day, February 27, 2019

“ Savior, He can move the mountains My God is mighty to save! He is mighty to save! Forever author of salvation He rose and conquered the grave Jesus conquered the grave.”

Luke 1:64

64 And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God.

I hope that most people know the story about Zacharias and Elisabeth, the mother and father of John the Baptist. Zacharias went into the temple to execute the priest office before GOD and an angel appeared before him and told him that his wife Elisabeth shall bear him a son and that his name shall be called John and that his son John shall be great in the sight of the Lord.

Ok, lets be real here, how would you handle an angel appearing before you and telling you that as an old man and a wife that is stricken in years is going to have a baby? Would there be any doubt in you? Well because of Zacharias doubt, he was made speechless until John was born. The people outside the temple thought that he was a great man of GOD spending so much time in the temple and that he even might have had a vision. Little did they know that he did not believe what GOD’s messenger had told him. Does this ring a bell to anybody? Reminds of me not listening to GOD speaking to me over my many years of disobedience.

Here comes the best part for me. For at least 9 months, Zacharias could not speak, a real trial I would think for him and for us too. Then Elisabeth deliveries the baby and as traditions would have it they all expected to new born child to be named after his father Zacharias, but Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost when she heard Mary voice of salutations months before and Elisabeth told them to name the boy John at his circumcision. They all looked to Zacharias expecting him to say no and he wrote that the boy was to be named John.

Verse 64 is the one that touches me, God opened his mouth after 9 months, his tongue was free and Zacharias spoke and the first words out of his mouth was praising GOD. How many of us would do that after we had gone through a trial. Please read the rest of Chapter 1 and see what Zacharias spoke to the people after being filled with the Holy Ghost and praise GOD Almighty.

One of the best decision I every made after excepting Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour was the day I walked out of Canaan choosing to praise my Father GOD for my trial and that he was with me every moment of it. I had decided to follow Jesus and He was there with His outstretched hands for me and is also there for you too. Make that choice today and seek Him, receive His gift of salvation if you do not know Him today and if you do know Him, give Him alone all the glory.

“ I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus; No turning back, no turning back.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology