Word of the Day, January 15, 2019, 2 Corinthians 9:12

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, January 15, 2019, 2 Corinthians 9:12

Postby Marty » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:30 am

Word of the Day, January 15, 2019

“ There I was on death row guilty in the first degree. Son of God hanging on a hill Hell was my destiny. The crowd was shouting crucify could've come from these lips of mine. The dirty shame was killing me it would take a miracle to wash me clean. Then I read the red letters and the ground began to shake. The prison walls started falling and I became a free man that day.”

2 Corinthians 9:12

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

I have written before in past Word of the Day that GOD does not waste any part of Paul for the Kingdom. GOD used Pauls’ background, his talents and his craft as a tentmaker, his knowledge of Judaism, his mind and thoughts, his training or even his weaknesses. Paul was willing to let GOD use him however GOD needed him. Are we willing to let GOD do the same with us? We must give all of ourselves to GOD. If we don’t, we will never know all that we can do for the kingdom until we allow Him to have all that we are.

I have struggled with we must give are ALL to God in the past. Just what is our ALL? Do we empty our bank accounts? Quit our jobs and just go about preaching the Word to people? Some do! We need to remember that we are all preachers to those around us, sharing the Gospel of Christ when ever we can. Pastors have preached that a thousand times and I always have to ponder what this means. As I have grown in my faith, my all can be different from someone else’s all. My mission field can be here or there. What I need to do is listen to the Holy Spirit and where GOD wants me to be. It is ALL His, so He can have it, me and my ALL

We all can't be the quarterbacks or the team won't go anywhere. So.... I believe God has me where he wants me and as long as I serve Him and the kingdom from this point or place in my life I am giving my ALL? Until then, I will listen for GOD’s direction in my life

Paul is very clear on this I believe. It may be very hard, but to me it is clear. The bibles is filled with examples of people that did what GOD asked, give it all to GOD, their jobs, homes, and families and followed Christ and even were martyred for it. I also think that we see many Christians today giving it all for Christ with missionaries giving up all that they have and moving to the mission fields and people being killed in the name of Christ. I am not saying we should go out and do that ourselves today, but if the Holy Spirit is working in you to do that, then we must walk in the spirit and not the flesh.

I believe there were two living sacrifices recorded in the Bible. I think they give us an example of what giving it all to GOD is. The first was Isaac and his willingness to step onto the altar and willing to burn for the obedience to GOD's will and GOD sent a Ram instead to died and Isaac died to self that day and was willing to give all to GOD. The second example in the scriptures was a perfect sacrifice, Jesus Christ who gave it all in obedience to GOD's.

I'm not sure I could do either one, but I do pray to grow closer to GOD in all of my ways, all that I own, because it is all His and all that I am. I don't think that it is just money when the offering plate passes by us, but I think we need to step into the plate ourselves.

Romans 12:1: 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

I think another answer might be our hearts. Jesus told the rich young ruler in Mark 10:21 that believed that he had obeyed all the commandments and Jesus to him give up everything he had and he was not willing too but yet at other times in the Bible, Jesus did not rebuke friends that owned property or even commanded them to give it all up. I think that if our heart is right for our relationship with GOD, our loving of our brothers and sisters in Christ and to love thy neighbors, then giving what you can might be the right answer.

Ultimately, I do not have the answer, but i do know that I can always give more to the Kingdom each and every day. Let’s have the right heart for Christ.

“ But if we are the body why aren't His arms reaching? Why aren't His hands healing? Why aren't His words teaching? And if we are the body why aren't His feet going? Why is His love not showing them there is a way? There is a way, there is a way.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology