Word of the Day, September 12, 2018, Exodus 3:5

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, September 12, 2018, Exodus 3:5

Postby Marty » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:42 am

Word of the Day, September 12, 2018

“ Unbroken praise be Yours, God, forever. All my praise be Yours, God, forever. Lord take this life, let it become Your throne. Unbroken praise be Yours.”

Exodus 3:5

And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

For those that read my WOD, I used to on Friday mornings say that you should get to a good Bible preaching church and to praise and worship our GOD. We had a praise and worship night last Friday night at our church and it was such a blessing to praise my Abba Father and sing to my King in adoration in song.

As I ponder the night, the songs that were sung and what was spoken in the lyrics it made me think about how we can and should worship our Father GOD. There are a lot ways to worship our LORD and Saviour. I would like to share a few of them with you.

GOD is our Father, our friend, but He is more importantly our sovereign Lord. We must come to GOD to worship Him. Do we come casually to Him or do we come as though we were an invited guest before a king?

What do you get out of your worship? Do we offer our “ obligations unto the Lord “ like the Lord commanded Moses in Lev 7:38? These lessons that GOD showed Moses were meant to teach the people a valuable lessons. Do we go to churches that are dry with meaningless rituals? If so then we need to try to rediscover the meaning of true worship and be revitalized again.

Are we going to church prepared to worship GOD? Is our heart right to praise GOD at church or any day? Reading the Word, praying and singing to our GOD will get us right before we walking into the doors of our church. The Lord spoke to Moses in Numbers 28:1-2. Please take the time to look up these verses today. GOD is delighted when we come prepared to come and worship before Him in a spirit of thanksgiving.

Our Praise and Worship leader often speaks about true worship from the stage. He speaks of the cross and what Christ did for us and how we should bow down in awe and give Him our praise. He speaks of out praise to continue each and every day and not just on Sunday. How is our worship of our GOD Almighty?

As believers, we should take every opportunity to praise GOD. “ Sing out loud unto GOD our strength: make a joyful noise unto the GOD of Jacob.” Israel holidays reminded the nation of GOD’s great miracles. We need to remember why we celebrate and to give GOD all the glory for His goodness to our families, our churches, our nation and ourselves for GOD’s love for us.

Some people don’t believe this, but music and worship go hand in hand. David used music for the temple’s worship services. Music helps lift a person’s thoughts and our emotions towards GOD. I know when I allow the music and words of GOD to sink into my heart it makes it more open for a message to sink in. It get’s me prepared for the message that the Holy Ghost has laid on my pastors mind. It makes me open to celebrate GOD’s awesomeness.

When we worship, it is bringing the best that we have to give to Christ. The wise men brought gifts and worshipped Jesus for whom He was, a King. Giving your gifts, money and time is a true form of worship. Worshipping GOD because He is worthy of the best we have to give.

Genuine worship results in submission and obedience to Jesus. Matthew 17:5 will help us to understand this. Jesus was a great leader, but so much more, He is the Son of GOD. When we finally understand that, the only response is to worship Him. When we have the correct understanding of Christ, we will truly obey Him.

Everything done in corporate worship must be beneficial to the worshipers. “ Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.” 1 Cor 14:12. This style of worship will touch every aspect of our worship. Everyone that is leading or contributing to the worship services must act in a way that will strengthen the faith of other believers that are attending the service. All for the glory of GOD!

And finally in worship, everything must be done in harmony and with order. Paul tells us to “ Let all things be done decently and in order.” I truly believe that the Holy Ghost does and we should allow the Holy Ghost to lead our services, but when there is disorder, there is chaos. We need to make sure that we are ready to worship GOD and that the leaders of the service that they encourage all to participate and to be worshipping GOD with all that we have. It is not only the leadership’s reasonability to make sure the worship is right, it is also our responsibility to pray for the people that are leading the worship service. It is our responsibility to come to worship ready to praise our Sovereign King.

We need to pray that the Holy Ghost fills them, fill us and that we the people hear what is being spoken in song and the messages from the pastor. We need to pray for all to have their hearts open, pray for the salvation of the lost attending and that man does not speak, but the Words of GOD are heard. Remember, all nature and science follows your voice, that the mountains bow down in reverence to You and if the star will worship you, then so will I.

“ And as You speak a hundred billion galaxies are born. In the vapor of Your breath the planets form. If the stars were made to worship so will I. I can see Your heart in everything You’ve made. Every burning star a signal fire of grace. If creation sings Your praises so will I.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology