Word of the Day, September 4, 2018, Isaiah 43:25

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, September 4, 2018, Isaiah 43:25

Postby Marty » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:26 am

Word of the Day September 4, 2018

“ It’s the hardest thing to give away and the last thing on your mind today. It always goes to those who don’t deserve. It’s the opposite of how you feel when they pain they caused is just too real. Takes everything you have to say the word Forgiveness, forgiveness.”

Isaiah 43:25

25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

What a great promise from GOD written here by the Psalmist. The Lord stands ready to forgive and forget and His mercy to ALL of those that call upon His name.

Psalm 37:24: 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

Psalm 118:13: 13 Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me.

Today’s song lyrics come from Matthew West song titled “ Forgiveness.” This is what he said about the why he wrote this song.

“ The song "Forgiveness" chronicles a mother dealing with the death of her daughter at the hands of a drunk driver. It was one of the first stories I read and it stuck with me the whole time and I was waiting for the right time to deliver this message through a song. Now the song is seeing the light of day, and it is my honor to share it. The song is about Renee, who lost her daughter Megan in a car accident at the hands of a drunk driver, a 24-year-old named Eric who was by all accounts a great young man, but made a tragic mistake. Renee's been on a journey of hatred, and bitterness, and she's learned how to forgive the young man who took her beloved daughter's life.”

Matthew 18:21-22: 21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Romans 5:8-9: 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

I recently wrote about this and the reason I am bringing this up again is that if Christ can forgive All that have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD then why cant we? GOD forgave us of ALL of our sins and why can’t we forgive someone that offended or hurt us? I understand this issue personally. A man I called my friend help destroy my life as I knew it or wanted it to be. However, from this personal destruction, I was able to come to truly know Christ as my Saviour and have changed my life for GOD’s glory. I needed to, had to and have forgiven him. What a relief and a burden that has been lifted from my life forever.

Psalm 86:5: 5 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

Isaiah 55:7: 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Forgiveness requires humility. First to ask GOD for forgiveness but also to give forgiveness to someone that has hurt us. We need to forgive even if the other person does not accept your mercy or even if they are not alive today. Bring it to Christ.

Jeremiah 31:34: 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

What a promise the Prophet Jeremiah shares with us from GOD. He says that GOD will forgive and forget from the least to the greatest. Here is a great way to look at forgiveness. It is an everlasting covenant between GOD and His true believers.

Mark 11:25-26: 25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

We seek Christ’s forgiveness and mercies but we are not willing to do the same to others, no matter what they have done. I will say this, that it is our duty as Christians to forgive others. A question for all of us today. Christ forgives us of ALL of our sins right? Are we better than Christ by not being willing to forgive someone else for ALL of their transgressions against us and sins?

James 5:15-16: 5 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

This passage in the Book of James is often used to speak about our faith and healing. As I pondered this verse this morning and looking at the context I think is also can be stressing the importance of admitting faults and to be praying for others that also have faults and sins. Guess what? Healing is not only needed for sickness, but we must also pray for healing of the heart that is in need of granting or accepting forgiveness.

So this WOD today is really about to different types of forgiveness. The first forgiveness is about our own seeking forgiveness from GOD no matter what we have done. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

The second application of forgiveness is our willingness to give forgiveness to others no matter what they have done like Christ has done for us. 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Seek forgiveness from Christ today and I would encourage you to offer forgiveness to someone that has offended or hurt you today. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you the believer of Christ. If you do not know Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, give Him ALL your sins and be washed clean for He forgets all that you have done once you know Him as your Lord. Both will set your free of the burden of sin and the burden of carrying that hurt, angry and bitterness towards someone that you need to forgive. Life will never be the same with Christ in your life.

“ Show me how to love the unlovable. Show me how to reach the unreachable. Help me now to do the impossible. Forgiveness. I want finally set it free. Show me how to see what your mercy sees. Help me now to give what You gave to me Forgiveness, forgiveness.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology