Word of the Day, August 28, 2018, Mark 5:17-20

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, August 28, 2018, Mark 5:17-20

Postby Marty » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:13 am

Word of the Day, August 28, 2018

“ Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing. Power and majesty, praise to the King. Mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of Your name.”

Mark 5:17-20

17 And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

This story about Jesus cleansing the man with the unclean spirit is a story that could easily be about us and our past. Though most of us did not have so many demons that we are named Legion but we all have sins in our lives that need to be washed by the blood of Christ Jesus.

This man was in the mountains, living in a tomb and people had chained him and was fetters and nothing could tame him except Jesus Christ. This is true for us also.

For me the point of these verses in the Book of Mark is that Jesus Christ takes away all our sins and only can he do that. For those that have accepted Jesus as our personal Lord and Saviour we know this and Jesus is tell you to go home to your friends and tell them how great and mighty things He has done for you.

There are days were I stop what I am doing and remind myself about the cross on a hill where Christ died for me. My demons are gone, my filth is washed away, me life is changed forever and I am now a child of GOD. Do you remember that day? Don’t ever forget that day. Cherish it and tell everyone how Christ changed you.

It should be no secret that Christ died for you and you have accepted Him. Shout it out to the world! Sing for joy at the works of His hands in your life. Nothing in our lives can ever compare to the promises that we have in Christ. Shout it from the mountaintops giving GOD all the glory in your life, for the changes He made within you, for the filling of the Holy Spirit within you now. Tell the people about the beautiful and powerful name of Jesus. Our chains have been cut off; we are no longer a slave to sin and fear with Christ in our lives.

If today you do not know Christ, let me tell you about Him. He loves you. He will forgive you of ALL your sins today if you are willing to humble yourself, confessing your sins, and believe upon Him. He took a wretch like me and changed me forever with His unmerited favor, with His love for me and His grace that has made me a new creature, old things of Tim are now passed away and all things are new in my life. Christ Jesus has reconciled me to GOD. Thank You Father GOD for knowing my name. Please call out to Him today. You will never regret this choice.

“ Through many dangers, toils and snares we have already come. T'was grace that brought us safe thus far and grace will lead us home, and grace will lead us home. Amazing grace, Howe Sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found. T'was blind but now I see.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology