Word of the Day, August 2018, II Corinthians 4:8-9

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, August 2018, II Corinthians 4:8-9

Postby Marty » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 am

Word of the Day, August 2, 2018

“ Our God (our god) is an Awesome God. He Reigns (he reigns) from heaven above. With Wisdom (with wisdom) pow'r and love. Our God is an Awesome God.”

II Corinthians 4:8-9

8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Good Morning! I would like to continue with a bit more from yesterday’s WOD about trusting GOD with all our mind, soul, body and heart. If we seek Him, we all know that GOD loves us, right? (Ok, I am pausing and waiting for your answer) As I thought about how GOD loves me, I thought why don’t I think about that or remember that every second of my life. We serve an Awesome GOD that has mercies for us. So why do we not completely trust Him for everything and not myself or other people?

My dear friend and brother in Christ told me about when he was first being mentored that his mentor said I will let you down. I will try not to but I promise I will let you down and the only one that will not is GOD.

I would like to share some verses that talk about when we feel deserted by love ones, family or friends. At this point, we need to turn to our heavenly Father and not people on this earth when people hurt us or leave us. Often we expect things from family and friend and we are often let down and this hurts. Seek GOD and not man.

Psalm 9:10: 10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Psalm 94:14: 14 For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

Isaiah 26:3-4: 3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

Psalm 27:10: 10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

Matthew 28:20: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Isaiah 62:4: 4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

1 Peter 5:7: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Deuteronomy 4:31: 31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Isaiah 41:17: 17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Psalm 91:14-15: 14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Isaiah 49:15-16: 15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Deuteronomy 31:6: 6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Today, I will let the Word of GOD speak instead of me. Be strong, fear not and remember the LORD thy GOD will not fail us nor forsake us. Seek Him and Trust in Him always. Believe His Promises!

’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His word; Just to rest upon His promise; Just to know, Thus saith the Lord. Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, how I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er. Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology