Word of the Day, August 1, 2018, Proverbs 3:5-7

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, August 1, 2018, Proverbs 3:5-7

Postby Marty » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:05 am

Word of the Day, August 1, 2018

“ Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let this blest assurance control, That Christ has regarded my helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul. It is well (it is well). With my soul (with my soul). It is well, it is well with my soul.”

Proverbs 3:5-7

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Happy 5th Anniversary to the Word of the Day. 761 Word of the Days so far. WOW! I have learned a lot in 5 years about the scriptures; it has built my faith; it has made me draw nigh to GOD and has allowed me to trust in Him more each and every day. Thank You Father GOD for the privilege to share your Words with my Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and uttermost part of the earth. Thank you for all of you read as I have written this, for your comments and prayers over the past 5 years. To GOD be the Glory!

Last night at Tuesday Night Men’s Prayer, the preacher man used these verses above to bring his message. He had us all stand up and speak these verses out loud for three reasons. First reason is because it is our church memory verses for this week and second reason is because it was his foundation for his message. The third reason was to ask us all a question about faith in GOD and to sit down if you did not have any faith in GOD. We all continued to stand. The second question he asked was do we completely trust in GOD always and we all sat down at once.

This WOD was one of my first WOD’s because I needed to remember that I could trust, lean on and acknowledge him and know that He would direct my path..

I have been told many times by men of God to make Proverbs 3: 5-7 my verses of my life. Solomon tells us to trust in the LORD. That is with our whole heart. Do we do that daily or only when we need Him? Trust is unconditional; we need to trust GOD completely with our whole heart, mind and soul. I had to trust Him on May 15 when I walked into Canaan. It was like being in a sinking ship and I had to reach out to GOD, trust Him that He would keep me safe and the same for my family. If I had leaned on my own understanding, I would have been lost. I watched a lot of men come to Canaan, reach out to GOD and then when things seemed like it would be ok, they discarded GOD. Remember to give Him all the glory in the bad times and the good times also. Always acknowledge Him, give Him the glory, praise Him, be willing to serve Him and He will direct our paths. Be willing to give you testimony of trusting in the LORD and not leaning on our own selves to anybody that is willing to listen.

Sometimes as men and women, we get to smart for ourselves, full of pride. I thought it was all me, I made everything happen, I made the big deals, I made my family work, I was able to employ people, had many successful business and even some that failed, but it was me. However, I was wrong, it was GOD. I have learned that I can do all things, through CHRIST who strengthen me. Look to GOD for your strength and guidance.

We need to fear the LORD and always walk away from evil or even the appearance of evil. Shun Evil! We start slowly and before we know, we are fully engulfed in the life of sin. Don’t think it can’t happen to you! “Be not wise in your own eyes”, reach for GOD to direct our path. Pray daily for His shield of protection in your life.....

I also like verse 26 of Proverbs 3, it says, 26 For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken. Solomon’s confidence was not in himself, but in GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. GOD is our divine keeper; he will protect His saint’s feet from being taking, hurt or walking down the wrong path. In today’s world it is all about me, me, me or as I have said a lot before, take, take, take world, some people think self-confidence is great, we can do it all by ourselves, but having confidence in the LORD is greater! What did we do when we become tired, weak, discouraged, broken down, or facing impossible adversity in the past? We tried to figure it out for ourselves and not look to GOD for the answer. I used to think that my own self-defense was good enough, but the LORD's defense is so much better. The bravest, the strongest and the most secure men and women in human history were those who put their trust in the LORD. Do you trust our LORD and Savour completely?

I encourage you as I have for the last 5 years to read your Bible each and everyday; to spend time in prayer with our Father GOD and also would encourage us all to memorize these 3 verses and place Proverbs 3:5-7 into your heart and trust Him for everything in our lives. Solomon added 10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Reach out to God for His wisdom to flow into you, have the knowledge of the Holy and the understanding of what God has for you and your life. Look to Him today and Trust Him! Completely! Hope you have a blessed Day!

“ He will not allow your foot to be moved. He that keeps you will not slumber. The Lord is near unto all them that call upon Him. To all that call upon Him in Truth. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path and He shall direct your path.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology