Word of the Day July 30, 2018, Proverbs 30:5

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day July 30, 2018, Proverbs 30:5

Postby Marty » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:13 am

Word of the Day, July 30, 2018

“ Word of God speak, would you pour down like rain washing my eyes to see Your majesty. To be still and know that you're in this place. Please let me stay and rest in your holiness. Word of God speak.”

Proverbs 30:5

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

This verse was in our #word365 reading plan and I stopped and pondered these words and thought about what I was reading. It was not just some words written by some men, nor just a fiction book or novel, nor a modern self-help book but what I was reading is the Word of GOD that I trust with my mind, soul, body and heart. GOD is my shield for today and eternity.

2 Timothy 3:15: 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

It has proven it’s self time and time again to be the truth, the foundation, the predictor of the future, my foundation, my go to source of wisdom, for my knowledge and for my understanding of everything in my life.

Jesus said this: 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Sometimes we need to stop and understand what was just spoken and was shared with us in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke.

Let’s set aside heaven for a second because some people do not believe in such a place. However we all know and our part of the earth and Christ is saying that everything we know here on earth is worth less than His Word and will pass away before His Words. The trees, the water, the skies, the air, the plants, the animals, the fishes, the fowls, the stars, the moon, the sun, the buildings, our homes, our clothes, our toys, our gov’t, our country and everything we know is on shaky ground and the only sure foundation is Christ’s Words.

Hebrews 4:12: 12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I know all of this is hard for non-believers or even people that call themselves self-identified Christian. The latest Gallup Polls in 2017 says that 24% of Americans believe that the Bible is the literal Word of GOD and is the lowest in the last 40 years. Since 2014, 26% up from 21% believe the Bible is just a book filled with secular stories. Gallop said that 47% still think the Bible is the inspired Word of GOD. 50% of Americans Christians say the Bible is the inspired Word of GOD but that not all of it should be taken literally. 30% of Christians believe that it is the actual Word of GOD, 54% believe that it is the inspired Word of GOD and 14% of so-called Christians believe that it is an ancient book of fables. The saddest part is that among our younger adults and teens this has fallen from 32% that believed to now just 12% since 1976. Remember these are those that say they are Christians that believe in GOD and Jesus Christ. O, come Lord Jesus…

Psalm 119:9: 9 BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

“ Over the past three decades, Americans' view of the Bible as the literal word of God has been declining, while their view that the Bible is a collection of fables, myths and history recorded by man has been increasing. The shift is most pronounced among young adults, indicating the trend is likely to accelerate in the years ahead.”

“ Americans in all age groups still largely accept the Bible as a holy document, but most of these downplay God's direct role in it. That could mean people are more willing than in the past to believe it is open to interpretation -- if man, not God, wrote the Bible, more can be questioned. And that, in turn, may have consequences for where Americans come down on a number of morally tinged issues. The country may already be seeing this in growing public acceptance of a variety of behaviors that were once largely frowned on from a Christian perspective -- ranging from gay marriage and premarital sex to out-of-wedlock births and physician-assisted suicide.”
Gallop Poll

2 Timothy 3:16-17: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Matthew shares Christ’s own words in 22:37: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. How do we Love GOD with all that we are? One way is to believe His Words, know they are pure, that we can put our trust in them and know that He is our shield.

Psalm 119:130: 130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

As believers of the Word of GOD, we are to Love GOD, Love People, Serve Others and Tell Everyone about GOD’s Words, His love, mercy, forgiveness and saving grace. This all starts by believing the Word of GOD, every single word of His book we call the Bible and to read them daily. Please, I encourage you to read it today, each and everyday for the rest of your time on this earth or Jesus steps out on the cloud to call His children to meet Him in the air.

“ When Jesus steps out on a cloud and calls God's children the dead in Christ shall rise to meet him in the air and then those that remain, will be quickly changed at the midnight cry (at the midnight cry) when Jesus comes again.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology