Word of the Day, July 23, 2018, Isaiah 43:1-2

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, July 23, 2018, Isaiah 43:1-2

Postby Marty » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:29 am

Word of the Day, July 23, 2018

“ I stepped into the river. Sank up to my knees in the mud. The preacher man took me under beneath that cleansing flood. There was something in the water. There was power in the blood. For the first time in my life I felt clean.”

Isaiah 43:1-2

1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Who is your guardian? Christ Jesus, my Lord and Saviour, my Messiah is mine. He created me and He said He would be with me. If you have every been through a trial and just look for Christ, you will see Him.

Let me let the Word of GOD speak to us today and not me.

Psalm 3:3: 3 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

II Chronicles 7:14: 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

II Chronicles 16:9a: 9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

Deuteronomy 1:30: 30 The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes;

II Thessalonians 3:3: 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

Exodus 23:22: 22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.

I want to make sure that we understand what GOD is saying to us here. If we obey His voice, if we choose Him and do all that He speaks, He will be our guardian.

I Samuel 2:9: 9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

Psalm 63:3: 3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

He is, He was and He will always be my shelter, my strong tower. Just seek Him today, seek him early in the day, throughout the day and finish with Him each and everyday.

Zephaniah 3:17: 17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

This is one of those verses that can help you through anything that is going on in your life and also just a verse that should make you yell His name out loud. He is Mighty. He Saves. He will Rejoice over thee with Joy and Singing. You want to have joy and happiness, obey our guardian, GOD the Father.

I Peter 3:12-13: 12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. 13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

It is really simple; our LORD is over us if there is righteous. He listens to our prayers and is against those that do evil. Christ turns away from evil. “ But seek you first the kingdom of GOD, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

Deuteronomy 33:27: 27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

The words that give me joy here are eternal GOD and everlasting arms. Thank you Father GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Psalm 91:7: 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Isaiah 59:19: 19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

I will let the Word speak for itself to finish today’s WOD. “ As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the month of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.” Our Guardian!

“ Be Thou my Guardian and my Guide; and hear me when I call; Let not my slippery footsteps slide, and hold me lest I fall. The world, the flesh, and Satan dwell around the path I tread; O, save me from the snares of hell, Thou Quickener of the dead.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology