Word of the Day, June 20, 2018, Ephesians 2:4-5

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, June 20, 2018, Ephesians 2:4-5

Postby Marty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:02 am

Word of the Day, June 20, 2018

“ Thank you for the cross Lord. Thank you for the price You paid. Bearing all my sin and shame. In love You came and gave amazing grace.”

Ephesians 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Last night at Tuesday Night Men’s Prayer, the preacher man used these verses to encourage us to remember and understand that GOD quickened us together with Christ with His mercy even when we were dead in our own sin or sins.

The word quickened means made alive. As Paul writes and prays for his readers at the Ephesus Church to recognize what GOD’s power has done for them and as I read this chapter I realize this also and to remember this, do not forget this, live like you know this and tell your world this that GOD, rich in mercy, great in love and even when we were dead in sin, by His grace we were saved and quickened us to His Son, Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

GOD did not save me because of, but rather in spite of, what He saw in me. What was my life before and after Christ coming into my live? Before, I was dead because of sin and after I was made alive with Christ. Before Christ, I was under GOD’s anger and now I am shown GOD’s mercy and given salvation.

We were dead in our sins, but GOD…We have rebelled against GOD, but GOD…We have been enslaved in sin and the devil, but GOD… These might be of two of the most welcoming words in the scripture, “ But GOD.” GOD could have left us spiritually, physically dead, in rebellion against Him and in bondage in our sin. But He didn’t because of His rich mercy, great love wherewith He loved us.

Before I knew Christ, I was always following the ways of the world and now, after accepting Christ, I am willing to stand for Christ and His truth. Before, I was GOD’s enemy to His kingdom and now after Christ in my life, I am a child of GOD. I was enslaved to the devil and his sinful desires in my life and my choices to follow them and now after Christ filled my life, I am free in Christ to Love GOD, Love People, Serve Others and Tell Everyone about GOD’s mercy and forgiveness and His gift of Salvation. I am now free to rise up with Christ to glory.

I decided to use I and me today because I can only speak of how GOD changed my life. But GOD… has made me alive in Christ and for Christ. The WOD is not just a one way street were I talk all the time, ☺ but I would love you to share with me how But GOD, rich in mercy, His great love, how He loved you, even when you were dead in sin hath saved you by His grace and quickened us together with Christ.

We should be thanking Him for what He has done for us, we should also show humble patience and tolerance for others who seem unworthy or underserving of our love and passion. These people might be spiritually dead in their faith, rebellious or even antagonistic towards GOD. We need to remember we where also there before Christ changed our lives from on the cross. We need to remember these two special words, But GOD… and what He did for us. Share But GOD today with someone.

“ When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart! Then I shall bow in humble adoration, and there proclaim, My God, how great thou art! “

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology