Word of the Day, June 18, 2018, Psalm 56:9-13

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, June 18, 2018, Psalm 56:9-13

Postby Marty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:25 am

Word of the Day, June 18, 2018

“ Praise God the Father who’s the source; Praise God the Son who is the course; Praise God the Spirit who’s the flow; Praise God, our portion here below!”

Psalm 56:9-13

9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.
10 In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word.
11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
12 Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.
13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

As I was reading and studying the Word of GOD today, these verses hit me like I had never read them before. (Love it when the Holy Spirit gives you a revelation of GOD’s word.) David is complaining of His enemies in the chapter and then starts to give GOD all the glory, giving GOD the credit, if you will, for the heavenly protection that David receives from Father GOD. Whining and complaining or thanking and give Him praise?

I say this today with all that I am, GOD is my divine deliverer. This I believe down deep. GOD is for me. As I breath, I know it is of GOD and His creation and my desire is to praise Him for all, for everything, for His mercy, His grace and the gift of His Son on a tree on a hill called Calvary to cover all my past, present and future sins.

As we read the Psalms, we often see in times of the greatest trouble or distress that David never hangs his harp upon a tree, never stops praising GOD, singing unto Him and always if you will, in tune with singing GOD’s praises. As I stated above that David was complaining about his enemies (not like we have every done that) and he begs mercy for himself and justice against them. He confides in GOD, and he is being assured and comforting himself with this and knows that through GOD he will be safe, that he will be victorious and for that as long as he lives he should and shall be praising GOD for what He has done and for what he will do.

So I’ll ask you a few questions. Do we praise GOD for His Word? Do we put our trust in GOD and believe and not become afraid? Do we remember that GOD has given to believer’s eternal life and we don’t trust Him to protect us, to guide us here on earth? Do we walk in His light or trust in our own candle or in today’s world our smart phone’s light to light our way?

Let me finish with this. I believe that if we are praising our LORD, that we are in His Word daily, that we are praying to our LORD and Saviour and that we are trusting in the LORD that it will be harder to be worried about self, to be farther away from sin and not worrying about things of this world. Seek Him, Trust Him, Fear Him, Turn to Him and Praise Him today. I’ll make this bold claim this morning; life will be so much more filled with peace and joy with Christ than without.

“ Great God of wonders! All Thy ways Are matchless, Godlike and divine; But the fair glories of Thy grace more Godlike and unrivalled shine. Who's a pardoning God like Thee? Who has grace so rich and free? Who's a pardoning God like Thee? Great God of Wonders.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology