Word of the Day, June 11, 2018, 1 Samuel 15:22

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, June 11, 2018, 1 Samuel 15:22

Postby Marty » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 am

Word of the Day, June 11, 2018

" For He did not write these words for me just to read He calls me. He calls me to obey. So by faith I trust in You as I do what You say not by my might but Yours I will obey Him. How can I show Him love? I obey Him. How can I show the One from above my love? Obey Him. How can I show Him love? I obey Him.”

1 Samuel 15:22

22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Obedience is a hard word to swallow. No one likes to be obedience, to obey someone else, to be told what to do and to always be obedience to that person but that is what GOD is asking of us. We are to be obedient to His commandments, His Word and His will. Our flesh does not like this, but through the Holy Spirit guiding us this can be accomplished for the Glory of our Father GOD.

Rest, Listen and Obey was what a Godly man shared with me years back that I have tried to implemented into my walk daily with my Lord and Saviour. Another Godly man shared it a different way but with the same meaning; Know, Reckon and Yield.

As a man that has been prideful in my life and hearing these words as I read the Word of GOD I had to become humble unto my GOD. I had to see that what I learned from the reading of the Bible daily that I needed to apply all of it into my life. I needed to REST with my Abba Father through prayer and fellowship with Him. I needed to LISTEN to Him as He spoke His Words into my life through His Holy Bible and OBEY them no matter what Tim thought and allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through me.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28: 26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; 27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: 28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

Isaiah 48:18: 18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Jeremiah 7:23: 23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

Simple right? GOD say that if we obey His voice, He will be our GOD and that if we walk as He has commanded you and me, it will be well unto us. However, our flesh takes over way to often.

John 14:15: 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 14:21: 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Acts 5:29: 29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

1 John 2:3-6: 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Psalm 143:10: 10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

Holy Spirit teach me to be less of me and more of thee. Teach me to obey the commandments of my Father GOD, teach me to be humble enough to apply these words to my daily walk. Please teach me to want to obey Him each and every day and Holy Spirit give me the desire to LOVE my GOD with all that I am and to be able to truly Rest with Him, to Listen to Him and to Obey Him.

“ When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, what a glory He sheds on our way; While we do His good will, He abides with us still, and with all who will trust and obey. Trust and obey, for there’s no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”

Timothy P Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology