Word of the Day, May 2, 2018, James 1:27

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, May 2, 2018, James 1:27

Postby Marty » Wed May 23, 2018 6:22 am

Word of the Day, May 23, 2018

“ But if we are the body, why aren't His arms reaching? Why aren't His hands healing? Why aren't His words teaching? And if we are the body Why aren't His feet going? Why is His love not showing them there is a way? There is a way.”

James 1:27

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Last night I was at a prayer meeting for a ministry called His Ministries a “ Wrap Around" ministry serving foster and adoptive families in Monroe County. This ministry is doing what James wrote about in verse 27. This ministry of believers is doing what Jesus tells us to do.

Psalm 82:3: 3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

What is the responsibility of Christians and the church? Our responsibility lies in working for the Lord. First in spreading the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The second responsibility is to help the lost, the downtrodden, the needy, the prisoners, the fatherless, widows and anyone in need of help. Why do we ignore these people? Why do we do nothing for those that are hurting?

Matthew 25: 35-40: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

This is the role of believers and the church. It is not the role of gov’t to take care of those in need; it is our responsibility to love thy brothers and sisters in Christ and to love thy neighbors and help the fatherless, the widows, the downtrodden, the prisoners and anybody in need. Love does not mean to just say hello, maybe a quick prayer, but to reach out in times of need. We are to feed them, cloth them, help when sick, take them into our homes if needed, to visit them in prison sit with them and share the love of Christ and let them know that He loves them by showing them the Love of GOD. If lost, to lead them to the gift of salvation and if they have fallen away from the Lord, we are to help them with their path to restoration.

Psalm 27:10: 10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

This is to be done with no earthy credit, but to the glory of GOD’s kingdom. We are to be like Christ, the light and not the darkness. As the church and as believers, we are to be the hands, the mouth and the feet of Christ here on earth. Are we helping those in need or turning our heads? Are we following the world or following Christ? Are we using our gifts from GOD or ignoring the calls from the Holy Spirit? Are we part of the body of the church or do we not go to church? Are we loving our brothers and sisters in Christ or acting like the world to them? Do people know that we are followers of Christ or followers of this world?

John 14:18: 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

So as Christians, lets stand for Christ, stand for His church that we as believers are members, stand for following His Word in all that we do, to live like Christ tells us to, helping those in need, not the ones we like, but everyone. Let’s be the light today in someone’s life that needs to see Christ. What a change we could do for this lost world if we would just reach out and share the gospel from our month and the actions of our feet and hands for Christ. Let’s visit, help, care for and love the fatherless and widows start now, today!

“ Speak, O Lord, as we come to You to receive the food of Your Holy Word. Take Your truth, plant it deep in us; Shape and fashion us in Your likeness, that the light of Christ might be seen today in our acts of love and our deeds of faith. Speak, O Lord, and fulfill in us. All Your purposes for Your glory.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology