Word of the Day, May 21, 2018, Proverbs 22:1

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, May 21, 2018, Proverbs 22:1

Postby Marty » Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 am

Word of the Day, May 21, 2018

“ My hearts burning, for that day when I'll see you, face to face. I'll keep watching, and waiting staying focused, on your word. I will see you. I will touch you. You will hold me, in that day. My hearts burning, for that day when I'll see you, face to face. There’s a longing, in my soul to hear you, say well done.”

Proverbs 22:1:

1 A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

Good morning to all. I was sitting talking with my 15-year-old daughter this morning before school and she was sharing with me about how she was talking with a young man at school about how the world is creeping into his life and his sin has gotten ahold of him. He has struggled with this for a few years and she has been praying for him, she tries to encourage him to look to Christ and trying to hold him accountable when he goofs up and falls back into his sin. We could all use someone like this in our lives.

Ecclesiastes 7:1: 1 A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

The next thing I heard her say was that this young man is upset that he has been caught and that the kids are making fun of him and that he was good because he had not done this sin in over a month. He then stated that he was really upset because it is destroying His reputation and is becoming his new reputation. He did not like this.

Acts 24:16: 16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

My daughter went on saying that she had a reputation a couple years ago about being a chatty, bratty, loud, not listening to authority and even being part of this group of girls she hung out with being mean to other young girls. This group of five girls were know as the Terrible 5 throughout school and at church.

1 Peter 2:12: 12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Guess what happened when she decided to follow Jesus Christ and to have the desire to make Him #1 in her life? She sought forgiveness from Christ and was given grace. She asked to be changed and was changed by Her new Lord and Saviour. She decided to stop being part of this group. She starting reading her bible each and everyday and grew closer and closer to the King of Kings She started to be in prayer daily and soon got o know what it meant to draw nigh to GOD and He will draw night to her. She started to worship Christ through songs of praise each and everyday. She started serving our Lord and Saviour and she even went back to all of the girls that she was mean to and apologized as an example of humility through the Holy Spirit guidance.

Then my daughter said this. Dad, my reputation has changed. Do you know how and why? The only way, by being lead by the Holy Spirit and follow Christ Jesus! My daughter is not perfect but Christ has truly changed her heart and Christ can also change your heart also. What a lesson we can learn out of the mouth of babes.

Let’s change this story above and the name instead of this young man to Tim, Bob, Suzie, Debbie, Mike, Laura, Terrence, Renee, Tom, Lisa, Sandra, Billy, Richard, Fred or your name. The story is the same. Our reputation is effected by our sins and it is hard to get back a good reputation. I know this personally.

1 Timothy 3:7: 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Through a change in us, through humility, through staying focused on His Word, there is only one way and His name is Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth and the life. He is the changer, the giver of forgiveness, the giver of life, the one that died for our sins and the ONLY blood that covers our sins if we choose Him today. If a 15 year old can get this then why can’t we? Thank you Father GOD for changing my heart, my daughter’s heart and I pray for the Holy Spirit to lead us so that our reputation is for Your glory.

“ Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology