Word of the Day, April 30, 2018, 1 Peter 1:18-19

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, April 30, 2018, 1 Peter 1:18-19

Postby Marty » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:17 am

Word of the Day, April 30, 2018

“ Who could imagine so great a mercy? What heart could fathom such boundless grace? The God of ages stepped down from glory to wear my sin and bear my shame. The cross has spoken. I am forgiven. The King of kings calls me His own. Beautiful Savior, I'm Yours forever. Jesus Christ, my living hope.”

1 Peter 1:18-19

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Good morning all. Been on the road for the past couple of weeks and have missed writing the WOD and the studying that goes along with it. I had a lot of windshield time with GOD and my thoughts I pondered and discussed with Him was that do I truly understand, appreciate and praise Him for what He has done for me through His Son Christ Jesus and His blood that was shed for me?

We see throughout the Old Testament how GOD loved His people.

Isaiah 41:9-10: 9 Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. 10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (A great chapter to read today if you have a few minutes)

Jeremiah 31:9: 9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Psalm 130:7-8: 7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. 8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Isaiah 45:25:
25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

We also can see in the New Testament how Christ loved us. We are chosen in Christ, a child of GOD, accepted in the beloved, having redemption through Christ’s blood and forgiveness from the riches of Christ’s grace. GOD sent His only Son that if we believe, we shall have everlasting life. Christ was sent to not condemn the world but to save the world.

Ephesians 1:4-9: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

2 Peter 1:3: 3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Are we excited about the precious blood that was shed? Are we excited that Christ defeated death and the grave? Are we excited that Christ is alive and that He has risen? Are we excited that we as believers have a promise of eternity with our Abba Father? Do we love GOD today and are excited about this? Do we love people and are we excited to be loving people today? Do we have a servant heart and are we excited to be serving others today? Do we desire to share the Gospel today and are we excited about telling everyone that comes across our path about the gift of salvation only through Jesus Christ today and each and everyday until Christ takes us home?

We were chosen to share the Gospel. Let’s get excited about the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Alpha and the Omega, the Holy One, the Lamb and our Saviour and Lord, Christ Jesus!

“ Hallelujah, praise the One who set me free. Hallelujah, death has lost its grip on me. You have broken every chain. There's salvation in Your name. Jesus Christ, my living hope.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology