Word of the Day, March 287, 2018, Proverbs 27:9

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, March 287, 2018, Proverbs 27:9

Postby Marty » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:51 am

Word of the Day, March 27, 2018

“ You were the Word at the beginning. One With God the Lord Most High. Your hidden glory in creation now revealed in You our Christ. What a beautiful Name it is. What a beautiful Name it is. The Name of Jesus Christ my King.”

Proverbs 27:9

9 Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.

I would suggest that today, you first thank GOD for your brethren in Christ, your friends that have given you wise counsel and been with you through thick and thin, men that have been there for you no matter what. Men that have prayed for you in the good times on the mountain tops and excited for your blessings and for the prayers for you during the trials of life that put us in the valleys of life and hurt for you when that trial comes.

The second suggestion would be to let them know. One of the benefits of these smart phones is that we really have no excuse for not reaching out to people. A text or even old school email only takes less than a minute. Do we have time for our friends and brothers in Christ to encourage them and thank them for your friendship? Ok ladies, I did not mean to leave you out also. We all can do this often.

So, I will let the Word of GOD speak to us today. I would like you to read each verse below and think of a brother/sister in Christ that comes to mind and stop and give a shout out to them and to be thanking our Father GOD for them. Really, please think of someone after each verse. I did this as I wrote the WOD this morning and thanked GOD for those that came to mind.

Hebrews 2:11: 11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

John 15:13: 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Proverbs 19:20: 20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

Proverbs 27:5-6: 5 Open rebuke is better than secret love. 6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Proverbs 17:17: 17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Proverbs 27:17: 17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Proverbs 15:22: 22 Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10: 9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. 10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

Proverbs 18:24: 24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

The words that stuck out to me in these verses were sharpeneth, counselors, sticketh, loveth, rebuke, labour, instruction, lay down and sanctifieth. I am truly blessed because I could name many Men of GOD for each verse.

However there is a dichotomy between a brethren or a friend that is good and one that is bad and someone that can help you make bad choices.

Proverbs 22:24-25: 24 Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: 25 Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.

Proverbs 13:20: 20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

Proverbs 12:26: 26 The righteous is more excellent than his neighbour: but the way of the wicked seduceth them.

Proverbs 16:28: 28 A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.

1 Corinthians 15:33: 33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Psalm 1:1: 1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Big difference is some of the key words. Soweth strife, seduceth them, separeteth, angry man, fools evil, corrupt, froward and wicked.

So, wise counsel would be to make sure you choose your friends wisely. I am sure a few parents and wives thought about this about me in my past before I found Christ. Christ changes everyone and everything in our lives. Thank You Father GOD for my brethren in Christ that are my life today!

“ Onward Christian soldiers marching as to war with the cross of Jesus going on before. Onward then, ye people join our happy throng blend with ours your voices in our triumph song.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology