Word of the Day, March 26, 2018, Isaiah 32:17-18

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, March 26, 2018, Isaiah 32:17-18

Postby Marty » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:35 am

Word of the Day, March 26, 2018

“ Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul. Worship His holy name Sing like never before, O my soul. I'll worship Your holy name.”

Isaiah 32:17-18

17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

As Christians, do we have peace in our lives because of Jesus Christ? Verse 17 makes me think of tranquility with the word quietness by living a life with righteousness and the assurance of GOD’s mercy and the fulfilling of His promises. Verse 18 continues the promise of peaceable habitation and a solid and in a sure dwelling and a quite resting place as GOD’s children.

I believe that Isaiah, the prophet is speaking of the future here, the perfect world to come, the Kingdom with Christ as the King for all eternity. However, GOD spirit is with us now. Peace is available and only GOD can change this here on earth. If we look into our own lives today, we must have the Holy Spirit to achieve true peace.

Christ tells us this in John 15:26: 26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: Christ also tells us that He will leave His peace and not the peace we seek here on earth. 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

This peace that comes from Christ handles what we might call general peace, day-to-day peace, things working out, peace with our consciences and with GOD. Christ goes on to tell us about His peace that He creates and that He gives to us. This peace is in an instant peace when we accept Him and when we live a righteous life. This is the peace I seek with my relationship with Christ. Paul writes of this peace through Christ: 16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all. 2 Thessalonians 3:16

Psalm 29:11: 11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Philippians 4:7: 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 26:12: 12 LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.

Isaiah 54:10: 10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

True peace can only come from above. That calm we seek, the tranquility that only GOD can give us. We seek the strength that can only come from the Holy Spirit. As believers, GOD will ordain peace for us and His promise of peace will stand.

Christ tells the woman in the city, a sinner that washed Christ’s feet with her tears, using her hair and kissing Christ’s feet and rubbed them with ointment that Thy faith has saved thee; go in peace. This peace can only from our Saviour, Christ Jesus. As believers, we should live by this. Our walk, our talk should be of the light of Jesus Christ showing the peace that we have in Christ.

If you do not know Christ, this peace and joy we seek so much in our lives, man cannot provide this peace, money cannot provide this peace, sex, sports, drugs, hunting, fishing, clothes, success or power, we cannot produce the peace that comes from a personal relationship with Christ, our Messiah. 3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3:

No matter what is going on in your life today, true peace comes from turning to our Lord no matter what our lot is, no matter what is happening. Christ spoke this to us: These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

We sing this song so often and if we know the story behind the words and if you really think about the words that we sing, it speaks of peace that can only come from Christ, our LORD and Saviour.

“When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology