Word of the Day, March 19, 2018, Psalm 18:2

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, March 19, 2018, Psalm 18:2

Postby Marty » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:18 am

Word of the Day, March 19, 2018

“ God of salvation You chased down my heart. Through all of my failure and pride on a hill You created. The light of the world abandoned in darkness to die.”

Psalm 18:2

2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Good Morning to you! Hope you had a great weekend and that Sunday you got to a Bible preaching Church to Worship our Father GOD and give Him all the glory He is due. We serve an Awesome GOD!

Christ and His Word is the only thing that can change us. On St. Patrick’s Day, we went to see the movie I can Only Image with a bunch of Christians. We laugh about that because 20 years ago we would have been in the bars, drunk pretending that our name was McFurness or O’Furness celebrating another holiday partying. Thank You Father GOD for the change you have done in our lives.

What does it mean when someone says I can only image? An example would be I can only imagine how it feels to be blind or I can image what you are describing. We think or form an idea/picture in our mind of what someone or something will be like.

Here are the lyrics of this song I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me.

“ I can only imagine what it will be like when I walk, by your side. I can only imagine what my eyes will see when you face is before me. I can only imagine. I can only imagine.”

Imagine that GOD, that is a faithful GOD that does no wrong is standing before you. What will you do? He is a jealous GOD that wants you to worship Him. He is a stronghold in times of trouble. A Sanctuary. A source of strength for those that believe on Him.

Psalm 28:7-8: 7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. 8 The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.

“ Surrounded by You glory. What will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of You be still? Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall? Will I sing Hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all? I can only imagine. I can only imagine.”

So can you imagine what you will do? Will you dance before the LORD? Will you stand or fall to your knees before the Almighty GOD? He is the Father to the fatherless, the Most High, maker of Heaven and Earth, GOD the most High.

Psalm 146:6: 6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

“ I can only imagine when that day comes when I find myself standing in the Son. I can only imagine when all I would do is forever. Forever worship You. I can only imagine. I can only imagine.”

I often think what it will be like when I met GOD. What will I do when I am standing before GOD my maker, the GOD of love and peace, the GOD of the living, the GOD of truth, GOD my strength, GOD my Father, my Righteous Father that is the Rock of my salvation.

Job 35:10: 10 But none saith, Where is God my maker, who giveth songs in the night;

I can only imagine my GOD, He is my judge, my leader, my lawgiver, the only wise GOD, the only true GOD, He is my song, my light, my hope, my helper, my confidence, my advocate, the eternal GOD, the glorious GOD and the Living and True GOD. As I stand before Him, will I sing Hallelujah? Will I be speak and if I do, I will hopefully only praise Him, thanking Him and give Him all the glory He deserves as I fall to my knees!

1 Chronicles 29:13: 13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

I can imagine the day that death will be gone, pain no longer, suffering is wiped away, sin is destroyed, tears no longer falling from our eyes, murder, raping, stealing, lying, false gods, no more idols, fighting, back biting, war, all no longer on earth or heaven. I can only imagine.

O Father GOD, thank you for knowing my name, for your Son dying on the cross for my sins, for the Gift of Salvation through Christ Jesus and eternity with You. I can only imagine that day when I meet you face-to-face forever worshipping You. I can only imagine.

“ Like You would again a hundred billion times. But what measure could amount to Your desire. You’re the One who never leaves the one behind.

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology