Word of the Day, March 8, 2018, 1 Corinthians 15:55-58

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, March 8, 2018, 1 Corinthians 15:55-58

Postby Marty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:39 am

Word of the Day, March 8, 2018

“ More of You, less of me. Make me who I'm meant to be. You're all I want all I need. You're everything! Take it all I surrender, be my king. God I choose more of You, less of me.”

1 Corinthians 15:55-58

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

I love when Jesus and the apostle quote Old Testament Scripture when they are preached or teaching. Paul is quoting Hosea 13:14 (please go and read this today) and is shouting out a triumphant shout of the apostle as he sees by faith the victory over death.

O death, where is your sting? Jesus changed all of that for us. Satan seemed to be the victory with the Garden of Eden and at Calvary with Jesus on the cross. However, GOD turns satin’s apparent victory into defeat when Christ arose from the dead and now death is no longer dreaded or to be fear if you believe in Christ Jesus. Christ overcame death and so will we one day! The law will no longer make sinners out of us just because we cannot keep it. Death has been defeated and we now have hope beyond the grave.

Paul tells us that because of the resurrection of Christ, nothing we do is useless. Sometimes we get frustrated and tired when it comes to serving the LORD. I get lazy, tired or frustrated because I do not see any fruit or any results from my efforts. Guess what, it is not about you or me. We are the planters or the waterers (not sure if that is a word) of GOD’s Words and the gift of salvation from Christ Jesus.

I was sharing with a Pastor at our church about the guys I have been mentoring and how they just don’t get it at times. I share with them to seek GOD, read His Word, have a relationship of prayer and have a desire to be abounding for the work of the Lord. What part of that is hard right? LOL!!! ☺

He gave me some sound wisdom that someone shared with him. He told me to look at the palms of my hand, then he told me to turn them over and look and again to look back at the palms of my hand again and he then asked me this. Do you see any nail holes in your hand? Only Christ can change someone heart and eternal destination!

If we truly know that Christ has won the ultimate victory over death, then this should affect the way we live now. We should not let discouragement over an apparent lack of results keep us from doing the work of GOD. It is not us, we are just the vessel that Christ is using to show Him to them.

One of the things I truly learned and understood at Canaan was that we can only plant the seed or water the seeds that someone else planted and to pray and let GOD work on them and their heart. Whatever happens, we need to keep doing the work of the LORD enthusiastically as you have an opportunity to share His gift of salvation, mercy and grace.

“ God of mercy, Sweet love of mine. I have surrendered to your design. May this offering stretch across the sky and these hallelujahs be multiplied.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology