Word of the Day, February 27, 2018, Hebrews 11:1

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, February 27, 2018, Hebrews 11:1

Postby Marty » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:36 am

Word of the Day, February 27, 2018

“ When My Heart Looked Away. The Many Times I Could Not Pray. Still My God He Was Faithful To Me. The Days I Spent So Selfishly Reaching Out For What Pleased Me. Even Then God Was Faithful To Me. Every Time I Come Back To Him, He Is Waiting with Open Arms and I See Once Again He's Been Faithful, Faithful To Me.”

Hebrews 11:1

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

What kind of faith do we have? Do we believe that GOD can do anything? Do we believe in the saving grace of Christ Jesus? Do we believe in the saving power of the blood from the cross? Do we believe in what we hope for and for what we cannot see?

Do you know that without faith, it is impossible to please GOD? As believers, we must believe that He is and if we have faith, do we diligently seek Him?

Faith: allegiance to duty or a person, belief and trust in and loyalty to GOD, firm belief in something for which there is no proof, complete trust. The King James Bible uses the word faith 402 times.

Hope: to cherish a desire with anticipation, trust, to desire with expectation of obtainment, to expect with confidence. Hope appears 44 times in the Old Testament and 89 times in the New Testament. A word that we should desire for, have and have the faith to believe in.

The song called Cornerstone says, “My hope is built on nothing less, Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.”

Chapter 11 is often called the Chapter on faith. If you read the whole chapter (and you should today) you will see a roll call of the heroes and heroines of faith. They are notable examples of faith from the following Bible characters: Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham and Sara, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph, Moses and his parents, Joshua and Israel, Rahab a few more in the end of the chapter. This is about the victories of faith and a great example for us Christians to follow and believe.

Hebrews 12:2: 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Romans 1:17: 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

II Corinthians 5:7: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Faith is the substance to stand under, to be our foundation. Faith is our foundation on which our hopes, all of them are for the future and built upon. If we had to base our faith on things only seen or heard or felt, we would have very little faith or hope. Blind faith.

I used to hear people say that they heard GOD speak to them or see signs from GOD and I though they are crazy or how come I don’t see or hear them. I was having a hard time making a decision in my life and I started to pray for GOD’s hand to show me what I needed to do. I can tell you I have seen GOD work in my life, I have heard GOD speaking to me directly or through someone else and I have felt Him in my life as I move forward daily in my walk with Him. I had GOD show me after praying for Him to open or closed doors for me and HE used three things from 3 different people and slapped me up side of my head. First one I said, ok maybe, second time I said ok but still not sure and then the third conversation I had with someone, GOD knocked me off my chair and I said ok GOD, I get it. Thank you Father GOD for showing me your will.

Mark 9:23: 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
We need to believe, trust, have faith and be willing to rest, ask Him to show you, listen, really listen to what He is saying and then after hearing and seeing His plan is to obey and walk through that door and move forward with GOD’s and His plan. That is faith and our Hope is Christ our Saviour.

“ Life is easy, when you’re up on the mountain. And you’ve got peace of mind, like you’ve never known. But things change, when you’re down in the valley. Don’t lose faith, for your never alone. For the God on the mountain, is still God in the valley. When things go wrong, he'll make them right. And the God of the good times, is still God in the bad times. The God of the day, is still God in the night. We talk of faith way up on the mountain. But talk comes easy, when life’s at its best. Now its down in the valleys, trials and temptations. That’s where your faith is really put to the test.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology