Gods saving grace

What are you praising God for?

Gods saving grace

Postby DaveHawk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:04 am

I rode out from DC , a 4167 mile trip.
I've been wondering where I could express something that happened to me while in Sturgis. If you were in Sturgis you may have seen the old guy or his bike on the corner . Peter had what looked to be training wheels on his red Victory bike and he also sat on the corner of main st across from the old Bank where the Lawyers offices are in the center of main street. Anyway for my one day in Sturgis I spent there I sat down next to Peter and struck up a conversation. Found out he has one prosthetic leg. He's 78 and still wants to ride and the support wheels allows him to do so.
Anyway he is an old preacher and has not worked in years and was kind of down in the dumps about being relegated to handing out tracks. We must have talked for 4 hours. Sharing stories, testimonies of our lives. When it was time to go I did something I usually never do even on a mission trip which I've done a lot over the years. I put my hand on his shoulder and said a humble prayer for him. When I was done we both had tears in our eyes and we knew that all was right as rain . But I never once though about where I was or who may be watching ....who cares anyway.

Now what came of this. I had a strong since of security and that security came to pass on my ride home.
I ran into a thunder storm in ILL and I had a box truck with a trailer in the fast lane and a TT in the slow lane moving about the same speed and a yellow car dogging me on my left. It was getting hard to see and I said God I need a bridge fast. I then see a bridge about 50 yards up. I pulled over and settled in for about 30 minutes. 15 minutes after sitting there a cop came by with flashers on then a ambulance. After about 15 more minutes I got on the bike and started off again in a light drizzle. About 3-4 miles up the highway traffic was being directed off the road so I went around them and pulled up to the State Boy dirrecting the traffic. He asked where the mud on the bike came from I told him I pulled up under the bridge a few miles back and mud was unavoidable. I asked him what happened to the yellow car in the middle of the road about 100 yards up the highway and he told me that a Box truck pulling a trailor slammed into a TT and the TT fishtailed , Jack knifed and the yellow car slammed into it. I got chills. I told him was right behind them and had a strong felling to pull over. He said : you are one lucky rider today. I said Amen ! I thanked God for His mercy and proceeded on.
Just lucky or being watched over ?
Modify message
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Re: Gods saving grace

Postby Mike Brooks » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 am

This is an awesome story thanks for sharing Dave...
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby DaveHawk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 am

Mike a friend told me, that's another one for your book of many. God is so good to me. He makes it easy to pass through the difficult times. Just knowing He is their walking me through life.
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Mike Brooks » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:48 am

Amen to that brother....your stories will toch many....looking forward to hearing more...
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Return to Praise Reports