Bluegrass Gospel

Share your favorite artists, favorite songs, videos, and more.

Bluegrass Gospel

Postby mortensen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:35 pm

I did a search on the internet for Bluegrass Gospel and ran across this song, 'Will The Circle Be Unbroken', which is one of my favorites. Fortunately, I clicked onto this site and what a suprise. I felt my heart being tuged and bacame overwhelmed with joy. What a tremendous performance by these Christians!

'Will The Circle Be Unbroken'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB1-1zuDGJ0&NR=1
"Be Blessed and stay prayed-up".
mortensen
Senior Scout

Postby mortensen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:22 pm

This group that performed this song, 'Will The Circle Be Unbroken', is called 'Transatlantic Sessions'. They are a Christian group that performs Country Blue Grass and Celtic music.
If Country and Country Bluegrass have any European influence it may be a touch of Irish Folk music. The Instrumentation is close with the exception of the Banjo which came to America from Africaand was not available in Ireland back then. Also, the Irish Folk Music will usually have a few wind instruments in it.

The 'Chieftains', Irish Song and Dance Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hk13Dn7ePY
"Be Blessed and stay prayed-up".
mortensen
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:37 am

This was a great video to watch, had tears in my eyes as I sang along to "Will the circle be unbroken", thanks for sharing it.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:46 am

The Irish music was great, I think Larry Whitson should start a COFA Irish dancing group, he is a great tap dancer, you should have seen him at the one hunt we had, he was on the tables dancing away after we ate dinner, my he was good, and he sings in an Irish tenor voice as well. His rendition of Danny Boy is real good, just ask the guys who camped right next to us. Larry could be heard singing as he kept taking his cough medicine.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby GeneralHavok » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Beautiful music!

We're all looking forward to the future...but none of us more than the giant, evil robots.

GeneralHavok
COFA Geek

Postby Hiker » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:33 am

That was a great video. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6
Hiker
Greenhorn

Postby pastorgreg » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 am

The group I'm playing with now, Mountain Holler does a lot of bluegrass gospel - check out our website where you'll find several gospel numbers done in a traditional bluegrass style.

www.reverbnation.com/mountainholler

Also, we'd be real appreciative if you'd sign up on our mailing list so we can let you know when we're going to be in your area!

http://www.reverbnation.com/mountainhol ... email=true

Blessings!
At Elk Creek, we're "Building a Community to Reach Our Community"!
pastorgreg

Return to Music