Windows Vista

The place to talk about computers, the internet, websites, and gadgets and gizmos of the technical variety.

Moderator: GeneralHavok

Windows Vista

Postby Jeremie76 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:28 am

OK. My wife and I got a new computer. My problem is that it has windows Vista on it. I tried looking on Vista's homepage, but that thing didn't help me a whole lot. at least not yet. Am I the only one having a hard time with this?
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to turn" - Abraham Lincoln
Jeremie76
Trailblazer

Postby LJ Whitson » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:05 pm

Maybe can help if you tell more of what your looking for or what the probelm is :grin: :grin:
"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."
LJ Whitson
Trail Guide

Postby GeneralHavok » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:58 pm

I have three XP computers and one Vista. Most programs look and work exactly the same as before, but the operating system and interface is quite different. Once you get things set up, it's not so bad.

1. Have you downloaded the Service Pack? That should make things better from the start.

2. Google the phrase 'setting up vista' and see what you find. There are literally thousands of websites out there with helpful info.

We're all looking forward to the future...but none of us more than the giant, evil robots.

GeneralHavok
COFA Geek

Return to Tech Talk