Raising money for the gospel

Love to ride? Live to ride? Share stories about your bikes and your rides, and plan a local COFA trip.

Raising money for the gospel

Postby Carroll B » Thu May 20, 2010 4:58 am

The first Saturday of each May the Christian Motorcycle Assoc. has its annual fundraiser. My local chapter had a 100 mile ride and a luncheon to raise money. This year our chapter raised just over $15,000 of which 100% goes towards missions. Nationally the organization raised between 4-5 million all of which goes to missions. It's great to be part of an organization whose motto is "changing the world, one heart at a time".

Last year while on a mission trip to the Philippines our host pastor had received a small Honda motorcycle from CMA. He told me that he would have never been able to afford a bike and now it makes it easier for him to travel bewteen the 15 or so churches he has established.

I am always amazed to see CMA bikers, who by their appearance you would not want to meet in a dark alley, come up to each other, give their brothers or sisters a hug, then talk about how they love Jesus. Most of the bikers in my chapter are more active in serving God, spreading the gospel, and being a witness then the majority of people who sit in church every Sunday just taking up space.

The next time you see a biker wearing a yellow and red triangle shaped back patch that says Riding for the Son, Christian Motorcyclists Association, wave at them, they are your fellow servants in the Lord.
A blood donor saved my life. Matt 26:28

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 am

Carroll are you riding this year again. Call me in the shop 301-948-6652
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby DaveHawk » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 am

Carroll I would like to ride with you guys , a good friend is a Member of CMA also. You have info for your ride in 2013
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Return to Motorcycles