Any other COFA members ride?

Love to ride? Live to ride? Share stories about your bikes and your rides, and plan a local COFA trip.

Any other COFA members ride?

Postby Carroll B » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:54 am

I rode for many years with my first bike being a Honda 90 that I leanerd to ride in Siagon while serving there with the Navy in 1967-68. I owned three more Hondas after that little 90 with the last one being a 750. My late wife and I rode the 750 to Niagaria Falls Canada from Baltimore in the early 80's. I sold that bike in 1991 as I didn't ride much as I had a boat to occupy my time on the weekends.

With the gas prices I've been thinking about getting another bike. I prayed about it and sought God's wisdom. I found two bikes, the same year, same price, and same amount of money. I had planned to look at both but woke up last week and felt in my spirit that I was to only look at the one closest to home. I bought that bike and brought it home this week. Its a 2005 Harley XL883 with 3300 miles on the clock. Between the new-to-me bike and my Corvette it keeps me thinking young thoughts, :mrgreen: and I'm looking forward to riding with my son and grandchildren. I plan to check out some of the Christian organizations that ride and promote Jesus.
A blood donor saved my life. Matt 26:28

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:47 pm

I have noticed several more motorcycles on the road these days, I bet the gas prices have a lot to do with this. Carroll you notice that out your way?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Carroll B » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:09 pm

I think the high gas prices cause more people to ride. I get close to 59 mpg on the road.

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Carroll, what are your gas prices now? up by me its $3.25 and going down.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Carroll B » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Saw one this morning at $2.99

Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Gas in Conifer is at $1.54 that is great.
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Return to Motorcycles