Question about Getting Involved

We can work together to make sure we're the husbands and wives, moms and dads that we should be. Share your thoughts, experiences, and learn from others.

Moderators: Mike Brooks, GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Question about Getting Involved

Postby cjwink » Wed May 28, 2008 1:44 pm

I am the leader of our Small Group and currently we have 4 Couples and 6 children in our group.. We have all become very close. One couple lives down the street from us and another one keeps our son during the day at her Home Daycare.. Anyway this couple is a younger couple with 2 kids ages 4 and 2. And like all couples they have struggles in thier marriage. My wife and I have helped them with thier finances and I have talked to the Husband about certain issue in their marriage.. But last night I was at the pool with my wife and the lady that lives down the street.. Apparently there have been some other problems in thier marriage as I sat and listened to my wife and her friend discuss them.. I don't know if I should offer a voice for the couple to talk to or not. As a man, I want to stay out of it.. But as a leader in the small group I feel called to help them..

What say you all.
cjwink
Senior Scout

Postby LJ Whitson » Wed May 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Mikes the one to talk to on this subject. PM's probably best. LJ
"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."
LJ Whitson
Trail Guide

Postby silvertip » Wed May 28, 2008 4:15 pm

Roger what LJ said...PM's are private and the best way to get into difficult topics like what you are talking about...

part of growth in a group like you are talking about invariably has things like this happen...first thing to do is talk to your own local Pastor...I am not sure but is this group a spur of your church??...if so he needs to hear about it first...if this is a group that is not covered in something like that , then a PM to Mike would be 100% in order...

all the best...t
silvertip

Postby Mike Brooks » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:42 am

CJ, send me a PM, let's talk on the phone, I will help you anyway I can.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Return to Marriage & Family