Email notification problem found

Having trouble with this site? Post questions here.

Moderator: GeneralHavok

Email notification problem found

Postby Ironknees » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:25 am

This may or may not be of help to some members. I have discovered the problem with "NOT" receiving most notifications of replies to topics that I am watching. My AT&T Yahoo DSL email account recognizes them as SPAM and redirects them into my SPAM box. Since I use Outlook Express, and since I was out of the habit of accessing my account online (and had managed to forget my password) I was unable to access the spam... Now, I have re-established contact with my online page, and have found that I can check for these notifications... I'm looking into whether or not I can "flag" these notifications so they won't be considered SPAM, but in essence, the problem is found and more or less solved... Just FYI and many thanks to those who have attempted to help me with this problem... Dave
Ironknees
Site Admin

Postby GeneralHavok » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:58 am

Thanks, Dave...it's easy to overlook the spam folders. It never occurred to me to look there!

We're all looking forward to the future...but none of us more than the giant, evil robots.

GeneralHavok
COFA Geek

Postby Ironknees » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:17 am

As an addendum to what I've already said about the spam folder, I've discovered that, at least with the Yahoo account, (SBCglobal local) you can "right click" on a spam message which launches a drop-down menu... Using that menu, you can select "this is not spam"... After you have done this a number of times on a partucular message, subject or email address, the software "learns" not to divert email such as COFA notifications into the spam box... Interesting stuff this... So if you are having trouble with your notifications going to spam, you may want to see if your ISP has this feature... Just FYI Dave
Ironknees
Site Admin

Return to Help with the COFA forums