2010 exercise commitment

Having trouble keeping in shape? We can help each other...even if you're not overweight, we all need healthy hearts and lungs and muscles.

Moderators: Mike Brooks, Gary

2010 exercise commitment

Postby Mike Brooks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:03 am

Anyone looking to be a part of the 2010 weight loss challange? I am starting today, January 5th to lose weight. Any takers? Let me know!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Carroll B » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:34 am

I only need to loose about 5 pounds but I'm determined to get more spiritually fit in 2010. I find that I can watch a 28 minute pod cast of one of my favorite bible teachers as I'm walking on the treadmill. Watching the pod cast feeds my spirit and helps pass the time walking. To additionally feed my spirit man I burn MP3 files of pod casts to a CD and listen to one on the way to work each morning. As I strengthen my spirit man I'll be better able to control the eating habits of my natural man.
A blood donor saved my life. Matt 26:28

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:49 am

OK, 5 pounds it is, I have to lose 40 pounds and walking on the treadmill. That's a great place to do a prayer walk. Let's pray for each other..
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Mike Brooks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Have lost 5 pounds already from Jan 1st...
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Return to Exercise