2009 Exercise commitment

Having trouble keeping in shape? We can help each other...even if you're not overweight, we all need healthy hearts and lungs and muscles.

Moderators: Mike Brooks, Gary

2009 Exercise commitment

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:55 am

I am starting to get people to commitment to exercising for 2009, any takers who want to lose weight and start exercising? I am walking starting today, did one 1/2 hour on the treadmill. Blessings! :cool:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby LJ Whitson » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:42 am

I am with you Mike :grin: Can't do much walking yet, but losing weight. Goal is 220 lbs. We will have to have a celebration when we reach our goals. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."
LJ Whitson
Trail Guide

Postby davidlt89 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:59 pm

I need to get back into doing something. I spent about 14 years exercising regularly before my kids came. in fact, I was obsessed with it. when I became born again I put exercise on hold and decided to get my "spiritual" health on track. I find it hard to find time now. I have some time in the morning but that is time specifically for God! my wife has given my the ok to go to the fitness center after work and says she will handle things. I will see how long this will last! I currently weigh 172 and should weigh 150-160. I may just join you gentlemen and check in weekly to see what is happening. God bless.
Psalm 27:13

13 Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.
davidlt89
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:04 pm

David, please do join us, the more people who join will hold us accountable, so consider yourself.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Return to Exercise