ANYONE INTERESTED in a Study & Interpretation of Revelat

Having trouble with prayer and Bible study? Looking for help? We can help each other. This is not the place to discuss theology...it's a place to improve your self-discipline and encourage others.

Moderators: pastorgreg, George Reinbold

ANYONE INTERESTED in a Study & Interpretation of Revelat

Postby TRMichels » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:52 am

Is anyone interested in a study and interpretation of Revelation and End Time Events?. It seems many people are interested in how the End Times and the Second Coming of Jesus will unfold.

I've spent the last 12 years studying researching, praying for guidance and listening to God's word so that I could rightfully understand and interpret Genesis and Revelation.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll continue with this topic. Seems like now, that we appear to be close to the Rapture, is a good time to start this discussion - because - if you and your family and friends are not ready, you may be caught sleeping.

God bless,

T.R. Michels, COFA co-founder
T.R. Michels
TRMichels@Yahoo.com
Trinity Mountain Outdoors Hunting Magazine Website
www.TRMichels.com
TRMichels
Trailblazer

Postby TRMichels » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 am

There are always several qustions about the symbolic images and entities in the book of Revelation. But if a person is diligent in his seacrh for the meaning of those words, and uses his God-given gift of discernment, he cn understand or come to a conclusion for answers to many questions.

For instance: How many of the signs predicting the Second Coming are yet to be fulfilled? Realize we are talking about the Second Coming - not the rapture or the End of Time.

Many people claiming to be Christ (savior), The appearance of the Anti-Christ. The peace treaty with Israel (world-wide savior), The rebuilding of the Temple. The breaking of the peace treaty, The Horrible Abomination standing on the wing of the Temple, The two Witnesses procaliming the gospel, The death of the two witnesses for 3.5 days, The 144, ooo Jewish evangelists, The command to "come out of her", The appearance of Jesus .

The number 7 in respect to the length of time of the peace treaty could be symbolic for "perfect". Then number 3.5 is symbolic for not perfect/not ready.

Of the often thought of signs are persons, claiming to be Christ, the earthquake all over and the wars and rumors of wars, and peace (probably wth Israel). We already have earthquakes (tsunamis) and wars (Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan)

We do not have peace, but as I mention below, that could happen any day.

The appearance of the Anti-Christ is what appears to trigger the rest of he signs (and some people may not realize it is him). After that he could make a 3.5 year peace treaty, during which time the Temple could be rebuilt, the two witneses appear, and die for 3.5 days, the 144,000 evangelists could show up, and then Jesus appears in the clouds to tell Christians to "come out of her", or "come up here" (the rapture), the 200,000 man army, Second Coming etc ...

The Anti-Christ could appear at any time (and mey be here now), and the Temple may not have to be rebuilt, if the Appaling Abomination could be setup on the large flat plaza where the Temple sat - then all we are waitng for as a tangible sign is the peace treaty, which could happen tomorrow... Are YOU Ready???? The Rapture and the Second Coming of Jesus could be at any tme now.
T.R. Michels
TRMichels@Yahoo.com
www.TRMichels.com
TRMichels
Trailblazer

Is there only one true religion?

Postby TRMichels » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:56 am

Other than Judaism, is there only one true religion. If so, are you strong enough to tell non-Christians that there beliefs are wrong? That thery are not saved?
T.R. Michels
TRMichels@Yahoo.com
www.TRMichels.com
TRMichels
Trailblazer

Postby TRMichels » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:00 am

The above post is not supposed to be there, but I cannot edit it out. Sorry.
T.R. Michels
TRMichels@Yahoo.com
www.TRMichels.com
TRMichels
Trailblazer

What about the Roman Empire ?

Postby TRMichels » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 am

End Time Prophecy; Installment 6, What about the Roman Empire?

There has been a lot of speculation, especially among Protestants, about which former Empire that controlled the land of Israel - is the Evil Empire of Revelation. Many speculate it has something to do with the Roman Catholic Church. However, there are some problems with that assessment. The Roman Catholic Church never had its own Empire. There was a Roman Empire at about the time of Jesus, but it was a Roman Catholic Empire, because there was no Catholic Church at time; it was ruled by Romans. There was also the Holy Roman Empire, but it was a Germanic Empire, ruled by Germans. And it was not around at the time of Jesus.

Following is an excerpt from my book The Alpha & The Omega; A Study of Genesis, Revelation & Christianity:

The Roman Empire
There is a lot of misunderstanding about the "Roman Empire". Because Rome sits on seven hills it is assumed that the city spoken of as Babylon must be Rome. Then, because the Vatican is in Rome, it is assumed that the Vatican is Babylon. This assumption that the Vatican and Rome are the same as the Babylon of Revelation is given credence by the fact that the Vatican was once the political power of the Holy Roman Empire.
However, the pagan "Roman Empire" which controlled Palestine during the time of Jesus' life, and the Christian "Holy Roman Empire" are not the same. The Holy Roman Empire was a Germanic (not Roman) empire. This suggests that the Holy Roman Empire or Catholic Church is not the "Roman Empire" of Revelation 17. Revelation 17: 1 states, “The first beast (empire) who was alive, (one of the earlier empires); and is no longer (not the then existent Roman Empire), is at the same time the eighth and one of the seven.” This I believe, clearly explains that the eighth empire is the same as one of the seven empires. But, since it was alive and is no longer it cannot be the same as the Roman Empire, which existed at the time this prophecy was written.
If we consider the Seventh Empire of Revelation as a religious empire, it could include the Moslem countries of the Middle East and northern Africa. The Middle East Moslem countries include Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Syria and Saudi Arabia; the African Moslem countries include Algeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. Any of these countries may form an alliance and become the ten kingdoms and eighth empire of Revelation. This would be similar to the historic Assyrian-Scythian and Scythian/Hun Empires.

Does the Anti-Christ come from the Assyrian-Scythian and/or Medes-Persian Empires?
Sargon II of Assyria (Assyrian Empire) conquered Israel about 720 BC. Under King Partatua, the Scythians (also known as the Tartars / Mongols) allied themselves with the Assyrians to form the Assyrian-Scythian Empire about 653 BC. Partatua's son, Madyes, then defeated and killed the King of the Medes (whose country we call Media or Persia, which is the current Iran). Media then remained under control of the Scythians until 625 BC. Cyrus, the king of the Persians, later overthrew the Medes Empire in 558 BC. The Arab tribes of Ishmael and the Scythians were undoubtedly some of the ethnic groups of these last two empires.
Ethnically speaking, we would not normally include Iran and Afghanistan in the "Arab" countries. Howver, many of the Iranians and Afghani's are of Parthian or Persian descent, and many of them speak Farsi, the language of their ancestors. When the Persians conquered the Medes they did not treat them as conquerors. The Medes were appointed to places of power under Cyrus and his successors, and the kingdom was often referred to as the "Medes and Persians" (Dan. 5:26).
The influence of the Arabs on the native people of Persia remains to this day. The Persian language contains many Arab words, and it is written in the Arabic alphabet. Iran and Afghanistan should be included in the "Arab World", because about half the people of Iran are Arabs; and many of the people of Afghanistan are Arab. Both these countries have large Moslem populations. Incidentally, the kingdom of the Medes included the current countries of Azberbijan and Kurdistan, and the areas known as Luristan, Ardelan and Arak Ajemi.
Isaiah 14:25 supports the theory that the Assyrian-Scythian Empire is the seventh empire of Revelation. It states, "I will crush the Assyrian in my land; on my mountains I will trample him down." Verse 29 states, "Do not rejoice you Philistines (people of Palestine, possibly the Palestinian Arabs), that the rod that struck you is broken; from the root of that snake will spring up a viper, its fruit will be a darting venomous serpent." This may imply that Assyria (the current area of Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Iran) is where the Anti-Christ will come from. Christ is called the "root of Jesse" (Is. 11:10) and the "root of David" (Rev. 5:5). Here, the "root of the snake" is described as coming from Assyria. The only mention of the "root of the snake", which could be interpreted as the "serpent" of Genesis, and "the serpent, called the Devil, and Satan" of Revelation 12:9, is this one verse in Isaiah.
Micah 5:4 also supports a future invasion of Israel by the former Assyrian-Scythian Empire. This passage is speaking about the future Messiah of the Hebrews: "He himself will be peace! Should the Assyrian invade our country, should he set foot in our land …" In Romans 9:27-28 Paul refers to the "remnant" of Israel (Isaiah 10:20-23) as a future event. The next verse, Isaiah 10:24 mentions Assyria as an oppressor of Israel in the future.
The Historical View of Revelation holds that the fall of Rome in 476 AD was the predicted fall of the Sixth Empire (which was the Roman Empire). Since the Parthians were part of the group known as the Scythians (also known as Magog), this leads me to believe that the seventh and eighth Empires of Revelation may be led by a person from a revival of the former Assyrian-Scythian Empire, which is now made up primarily of Syria, Iran and Iraq. It would also explain how the seventh and eighth empires include the people of Magog/the Scythians who are the current Mongols, Magyars, Tartars, and Turks of the Middle East.

Current Events

To me it definitely appears that the radical Arabs and radical Muslims are the army of the False Prophet / Anti-Christ / Satan. All we have to do is follow what is happening in the Middle East to see the rise in power of both the Arab nations and the Muslim religion, both of which have elements that are highly opposed to the nation of Israel, and the Jewish and Christian religions. I recent months we have seen strife in much of the Arab world surrounding Israel, Libya, Egypt, and now Syria. We even see the leaders of these countries using violence against their own people – just to keep themselves in power. If the Muslim religion is so peaceful and benign, why do the leaders and political persons of importance of these nations use violence to stay in power. Should not the responsibility of a Muslim leader of a nation be the well being of their own people? But, instead of being caring, benign and honest, these leaders and regimes use violence and deceit (changing the results of voting) against their people in order to stay in control. If their actions are any inclination of what their religion espouses, than there is something wrong with that religion, or at least in how many of them interpret it and its holy book.
I know that seems harsh, and if I was a Muslim reading what many Bible commentators and Biblically related authors are saying, I would be hurt, upset, indignant, and possibly very angry. Angry enough to join the legions of radical Muslims who are opposed to Israel, America and the Christian religion. But, would it be better if I was politically correct, and did not point out what I believe, and what I believe is in the Bible?
Ironically it may be that comments like mine help to increase the hatred those people have, to the point that it brings about the scenarios laid out for us in the Biblical book of Revelation.

In Closing
As always I strongly urge you to read and study the Bible on a daily basis. It will help you center you life, and your day on Jesus, not on the tribulations of your worldly life; because life in Jesus is not about how much we attain or how many material things we have. Life in Christ is about what we believe and do here on earth. It is about making sure that our own lives are centered on Jesus and the Bible, how much we love and honor God, making sure our family is saved, and reaching out to our friends and non-acquaintances and telling them about the free gift of immortal life in Heaven, if they only believe that Jesus is their God, Lord and Savior, that He died on the cross for the forgiveness of their sins, and if they do all that , the they will be saved.
I especially urge you to follow along with me in this study of Revelation, because of the blessing at the very beginning of the gook, which states,” Happy is the man who reads this prophetic message, and hapy those who hear it and heed what is written, for the appointed time is near.”

May God bless you and yours,

T.R.
T.R. Michels
TRMichels@Yahoo.com
www.TRMichels.com
TRMichels
Trailblazer

Return to Prayer & Bible Study