Answered prayer

Having trouble with prayer and Bible study? Looking for help? We can help each other. This is not the place to discuss theology...it's a place to improve your self-discipline and encourage others.

Moderators: pastorgreg, George Reinbold

Answered prayer

Postby oz n bolivia » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:50 am

Some of you may remember we left La Paz, Bolivia in December, to political, to cold, to much traffic, etc. Moved to a city named Cochamba a little over 1 million people in the area. We have found this place to be very expensive.

We went to Tarija in July and have been to Santa Cruz. This week we went back to Tarija to find a place to rent until we could find a lot to build on. Prices in Tarija are raising so we have to move now. We have a house in the barrio Mendez Arco just off cale (street) Los Mollies. It is a little more than we are paying for rent here but I think we can manage.

Answered prayer builds faith, this week Tuesday night, Tere, my wife, and I were very discouraged. We had been looking since last Thursday. Every house seemed to be someones rejected dog house or very expensive. We have been praying but not as a unit. Tuesday night I took Tere's hand and we prayed together. The next day we talked to a lawyer that is in the real estate business and he sent a Realtor, a man from Holland that has lived in Tarija for 15 years. The Lawyer gave us a list of 4 houses. The Realtor looked at the list and after talking to us to find out our needs said well this one is the closest so we went to look at it. Almost as soon as we walked in the yard we knew this was the place. GOD answered our prayer. Read Peter:
1Pe 3:7
Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
1Pe 3:8
Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.

Peter, Jesus and GOD wants the husband and wife to pray together. Often it does not work that prayers are form the two.

Prayer together worked for us. We are very thankful to GOD for his help. Answered prayer does build faith.

My studies and teaching of the "Bible" has helped with understanding but THE MORE IMPORTANT THING is the understanding I have had with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT. Pray to GOD to send the Spirit to give you guidance first and last.

This is the second time GOD hand has been on us. In January we were in a house of a friend of ours. She had been trying to sell it for several months. She said we could live there until we found a place. We were there about 2 weeks and she sold the house. The month before we moved into an apartment she owned and was trying to sell it but again no buyers. We move in and she sells it the next week. I should have realized that after the second we have to move, Cochabamba was not what GOD wanted for us.

We found a place to rent for 270.00 dollars a month. All our things were stored in the basement of the house we were living. The night of the day we moved out there was a very heavy rain, the basement flooded. We lost nothing. GOD saw we had a place to go and just in time.

GOD answers prayer and looks after those that love and believe in his power.

Trying to do his will,

Oz
Blessed is he that believes in Jesus and the FATHER.
oz n bolivia
Trail Guide

Postby Mike Brooks » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 am

Oz, how are you doing now. Just getting back into the swing of things. Had surgery last year and was down for the count. Please keep me posted! Blessings..
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby oz n bolivia » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 am

Hello Mike,

We did not find Cochabamba to our liking even though there is a couple of English speaking congregations there I went to CIC and lead a "Bible" Study in English. About 5 months ago we discovered that the work available for our son did not exist, the city was very dirty and smokey from burning of trash, brush etc. Property was very expensive so we had to leave to another location. A city named Tarija seemed good. We had visited it a lot. It is about 150,000 which is about an 1/8th of Cochabamba. This place is really clean and several nice green parks. The river has people swimming in it and it is hot and humid here which we never noticed before. Tere my wife has a hard time with any temperature over 80 degrees F. Allergies have reoccurred after 28 years. I have a problem with humidity and high temperatures. Work is still a problem. I'm going to a Spanish only Methodist church here, only because the missionary in charge is an American.

Tomorrow Tere and I are going to the Capital City, in name only, Sucre to see if we can find a place to rent or buy. It is a cooler and larger city so maybe we can find something there.

What was operated on? Must have been a major one to keep you down so long.

Trying to do his will,

Oz
Blessed is he that believes in Jesus and the FATHER.
oz n bolivia
Trail Guide

Postby Mike Brooks » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Oz:

I had back surgery, that was about a 7 hour operation. The L-3 and L-4 had a crushed nerve that prevented me from walking very far. might have been caused by an injury back in 1994. The time-line is a year, no lifting, bending, twisting, etc..on the mend now..so, I hope I can start doing some walking outside in the spring.

We are supposed to be -8 tonight and a -10 for a high tomorrow and the next few nights -20..its cold, not sure if Tere would like this kind of cold, I agree with her on anything 80+..must be my Norski blood..lol

Its great to hear from you my friend, blessings..keep me posted, always enjoy hearing from you!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Return to Prayer & Bible Study