fur value question...

Do you hunt predators or varmints? Share your stories here!

fur value question...

Postby silvertip » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:32 pm

I used to trap 25+ years ago...and sold fox & coon fur...what are the values for coyote's and red fox nowadays...are woods here in maryland are run over with them...I called in four reds last week while bowhunting...but did not draw back on them...is it worth skinning and stretching them now?? or even selling them raw...

with the price of gas nowadays a little help would be nice...

thanks for your answers...ted
silvertip

Postby Woody Mortensen » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:30 am

If you know how ro properly skin and utilize the hide and various other parts and pieces, you could check Finley Furs (Texas), 806/ 944-5464. Maybe they can assist you with further info.

In searching the internet I noticed many company's selling coyote fur products. What you need to do is to get to the main source, not the middleman, but the one who produces the fur products.

This may also be of some assistance:
www.coyotegods.com/pagepart.10.html

"Be Blessed And Prayed UP".
Woody Mortensen
Senior Scout

Postby Woody Mortensen » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:39 am

[quote="Woody Mortensen"]If you know how ro properly skin and utilize the hide and various other parts and pieces, you could check Finley Furs (Texas), 806/ 944-5464. Maybe they can assist you with further info.

In searching the internet I noticed many company's selling coyote fur products. What you need to do is to get to the main source, not the middleman, but the one who produces the fur products.

This may also be of some assistance:
www.coyotegods.com/pagepart.10.html

"Be Blessed And Prayed UP".[/quote]

LET ME CORRECT THAT WEB-SITE:

www.coyotegods.com/pagepart10.html
Woody Mortensen
Senior Scout

Return to Predator and Varmint Hunting