[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
COFA: Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America - Live the Experience! • View topic - Mike you should check this out

Mike you should check this out

Hog Hunters share their stories, tips, and more.

Mike you should check this out

Postby Deerslayer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Mike, I stumbled across this website today and thought that you may want to see if these guys would be interested in hosting a COFA event in 2011. They appear to have a similar mission for some hog hunts that they give away each year.

Deerslayer
Senior Scout

Postby chester12 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:15 am

I've hunted there with a group of guys from my church and had a great time. But if you look around the internet they do not have the best reputation. Lots of people saying they are scammers and stuff like that, but I personally think they did not read the web page, or ask enough questions up front.
chester12
Junior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby chester12 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:39 pm

It is pretty big. Lots of different way to do it, rifles, bows, knives, crossbows. Hogs are a huge problem here in Texas so they are 24/7/365. The only problem that I have is, they are also becoming or have become big money. Lots of people are charging a lot of money for hogs. You have to be really careful to make sure that you know what you getting for your hunt. I saw one place that was $100 a day (2 day min), for that $200 you got one hog under 100 lbs, if it was over 100 lbs it was $1.00 per lb, plus if it was a boar and it had cutters bigger that 1 1/2 it was another $100 per inch of cutter... that could end up being a very expensive hog.

Don't take what I am saying wrong, lots of good places to hunt, but just make sure that you know what you are getting to up front.
chester12
Junior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:59 am

I would like to plan a hog hunt in Florida with Don, he may be the guy that can help us have a few guys hunt with them..any thoughts?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Unclebuck257 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:49 am

Mike, Keep in mind too that there are still some places in Texas that you can hunt hogs for free. It depends on where you are and who you know. chester is correct in that on the ranches where you pay to hunt deer, they have found yet another money maker, hog hunting. Up here in N Central Texas, around where I live, if you can hunt a place, you can bust all the hogs you want for free. They're a real pain in the patoot!!!
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

I know a Brother who has hunted with me here in Md and stayed at my home many times who live in SC and hunts everything. Lot's of hogs, turkeys, We could also put something together there also.
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Return to Hog Hunting