1,180 Pound Wild Bore.

Hog Hunters share their stories, tips, and more.

1,180 Pound Wild Bore.

Postby Woody Mortensen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:58 pm

1,180 Pound Wild Bore and wild boar hunting pictures.

http://www.gopherplantation.com/boar_photos.htm

American wild boar history and description. After white tail, the American boar is the most popular game animal to hunt.

http://www.suwanneeriverranch.com/wild-boar.htm

"Be Blessed and Stay Prayed-up".
Woody Mortensen
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:51 am

Woody, you ever hunt wild boar? Looks like it would be fun, we are starting to get some wild boar in Colorado! :cool:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Woody Mortensen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:19 pm

I grew up in a rural area in western Washington State. There was a farmer in the area that raised hogs and one day a hog charged him and killed him. I had been around a few pig farms and was always told, once you get inside the pen, don't turn your back on them. There what you would call a merciless killer and continue to attack until they finish the job on you.

Like the bear they are very unpredictable but the chance of them charging you would appear to be greater with a hog or wild boar than it would be with a bear. There just a very confrontational animal and down right honry.

It's usually a two or three person hunt as you've got to hit vitals on that first shot. If you don't you'd better find a tree to climb up. It's going to take a minimum of a 30 caliber with some volicity as hogs in general have a thick hide density.

I've done some wild pig hunting up there, but these were pigs that got off the farm for a couple generations and didn't get over 200 pounds.

Good Hunting.

"Be Blessed and Stayed Prayed-up".
Woody Mortensen
Senior Scout

Return to Hog Hunting