Cock fighting

Share your most incredible stories of close encounters with game, survival stories, exciting adventures, and more.

Cock fighting

Postby DaveHawk » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:39 pm

Down at the farm in Va. There is this big Gray rooster, BAD TO THE BONE ! This bird will sneak up on you and slam you in the back when your not looking. He crows at anyone he dislikes and that's just about everyone.

So Jake , Jarrod and I went into the bunk house in the barn to get dressed to hunt. I but my 1200 thinsulate boots on and walked over to this bird and put my foot out, he struck that boot so fast then backed up got his cackles up and hit the boot again and again and again. Finally he looked at the boot and pecked it and walked away. This bird has been gunning for me for the past year and I knew he's not done yet!

By bad for not useing the camra but next time I'll get a vidio.
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Mike Brooks » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:43 am

dinner in the making :shock:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby DaveHawk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:02 pm

Mike this bird is the watch dog for the barns. LOL

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Mike Brooks » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:38 pm

Ok, its a pet, well then I would be kicking field goals with it.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby DaveHawk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:43 am

One of the horses tried a field goul a week ago and the old bird has been very complacent for a week now. I sure hope he get's back to his old self soon. I like a good tussal.LOL

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby oz n bolivia » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:11 am

We have a dog that learned that same kind of lesson. He loved to chase live stock. It all ways ran from him. Well one afternoon a bull did not run but charged. Cows or off his chase list now.

I've known geese to be that kind of aggressive and had a young rooster as a kid that was aggressive and would attack little kids. He was flying, jumping really, to peck at a neighbor kid on his third or fourth attempt I picked up a jar and hit him in mid air. I was the relief pitcher on the church youth team. That stopped him but mom said he was going to be bruised and it was better fry him off with his head said the Queen of Harts. I never saw the bruise but the meat was good.

It is funny how some things stay with you for ever. That pitch and the final 3 innings that no one got on base, and we won. are still remembered.

Oz
Blessed is he that believes in Jesus and the FATHER.
oz n bolivia
Trail Guide

Postby DaveHawk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:15 am

Oz I remember as a youth we would ride our biks at a friends farm and this one rooster would chase us. One day he got under one of the kids wheels and became lunch that day LOL

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Return to Drama in Real Life