Close encounter with a Buck

Share your most incredible stories of close encounters with game, survival stories, exciting adventures, and more.

Close encounter with a Buck

Postby cjwink » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:29 pm

This happend about 10 years ago here in MS.. I had just dropped off a buddy at my tree stand and I walking up a logging road to where I had seen a scrape before. It was still dark and I was unsure of exactly where I was going to set up.. So I put my bucket down against a fence post about 6 feet from the scrape and decided I would wait until it got a little lighter to move.

Well I was there about 5 minutes when I heard what I thought was a squirrell. Then I noticed it coming closer. It was the buck.. He walked right up to the scrape and started working it.. So here I was sitting on a bucket directly 6 feet away from this buck with my gun sitting in my lap. As I started to pick up my gun, he must have got a whiff of me and Blew and ran off.. Talk about wake you up in the morning.
cjwink
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:41 pm

great story, that would have scared me a little.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Rob Jones » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:11 am

what n trophy photos??? jk must have had your heart racing!! :grin:
Rob Jones
Senior Scout

That clinches it

Postby thumper » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:04 pm

Right there is a good example of why I feel one of the essential items in a day pack should be a change of underware. :wink:
If you HATE then there is no GRACE! The opposite of LOVE is APPATHY, The opposite of HATE is UNDERSTANDING!
thumper
Senior Scout

Return to Drama in Real Life