How do you stop the bleeding?

Share your most incredible stories of close encounters with game, survival stories, exciting adventures, and more.

Would you know how to stop massive bleeding from a cut?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 7

How do you stop the bleeding?

Postby Mike Brooks » Sun May 25, 2008 7:33 am

You are field dressing a nice buck, you accidentally plunge the knife into your leg, severing your femoral artery. What do you do? How well educated are you on staying alive. What say you?
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby davidlt89 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:38 pm

direct pressure and elevation are not going to do to much probably. pressure point probably would not help either. I would wrap a tournaquit around it and stop all blood flow. God Bless.
Psalm 27:13

13 Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.
davidlt89
Senior Scout

Postby D1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:24 pm

davidlt89 wrote:direct pressure and elevation are not going to do to much probably. pressure point probably would not help either. I would wrap a tournaquit around it and stop all blood flow. God Bless.

what he said
D1
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:27 pm

They found a guy in Colorado who stuck himself, and bled to death. Good to know this kind of info, don't ya think? :cool:
Last edited by Mike Brooks on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Bob Brooks » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:01 am

You are in the woods. No medicine cabinet available. Locate the pressure point for the femoral Artery. This is found in the groin area. Feeling for a pulse will help you find it. Take your belt off or use a rope. If not available try to find a switch stick off a tree that has enough flex in it to tie tightley at the groin . Find medical help at once. Remember to loosen every 5 min so not to cause damage from lack of blood flow.
It's the little moments that make life big
Bob Brooks
Greenhorn

Return to Drama in Real Life