boat for fishing

Talk about your boat, kayak, canoe, water skis, jet skis, PWC's, and more.

boat for fishing

Postby 45auto » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:09 pm

What is a good cheap boat for fishing?
45auto

Postby Bow N Bullet » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:48 am

Elkhunter, it all depends on what type of fishing you want to do. I have a 16 foot Smokercraft Bigfish. It works for me, but I wouldn't take it out to far on Lake Michigan. Perfect for the wife, myself and our three little ones on inland lakes and the river.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.
Bow N Bullet
Junior Scout

Re: boat for fishing

Postby FishCatcherJim » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:19 am

45auto wrote:What is a good cheap boat for fishing?

Well 45auto,
I would have to say first.....One that does not leak !!
I agree it depends on the water and area that you arte planning on fishihng. The Lord has blessed me with so many different types of boats starting with one I called the poor mans bass boat... Sure did catch lots of fish with that one. It actually was a 15 foot michicraft canoe that I built out riggers for and had a minkota trolling motor(s) on it and pole holders and home made seats and all sorts of stuff. Would not flip in sea's rolling by higher then my sides. I know cause I got caught in that.

One guy could be leaning over the side liping his bass and another set the hook in the same direction and the canoe would rock so slight you could hardly even tell. Now that was a cheap and very good boat.

Let us know what kind of water and fishing you tend to do and you will more options then you expect. Believe me...........I am the type of guy who rolls out of the dealership with a new boat and stops on the way home to look at a used one sitting in a guys yard. Yep I enjoy Boats !!
Best to you in your search
jim
Lord Teach me to be a fisher of men....I'll Catch them You clean them
In His Grip
<>< Fish Catcher Jim ><>
FishCatcherJim
City Slicker

Return to Boating