What kind of Cycle do you have?

Talk about your ride, your trails, your gear...what to bring, family outings, and more.

Moderator: Gary

Recumbent
No votes
Mountain bike
83%
Road bike
No votes
All 3
No votes
Recumbent & Mountain bike
17%
Mountain bike & Road bike
No votes
Recumbent & Road bike
No votes

Total votes : 6

Postby 45auto » Sun May 25, 2008 8:13 am

45auto

Postby silvertip » Sun May 25, 2008 4:25 pm

I have a GT "Palomar" 18 speed, its all rigged and ready for some fairly rough trails......hope to hit some of the local spots with you guys this summer...t :grin: :grin: my wife has one too...
silvertip

Postby 45auto » Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 pm

I have a Roulandt Recumbent made in Holland in mid eighties. And I have trek 4500 mountain bike.
45auto

Postby oz n bolivia » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Raleigh Avalanch made in Canada. Started as a 21 speed but now sports 28 speed gears. The big sprocket was changed from 42 to a 44. for a little extra speed, but the 30 tooth sprocket at the back is great for hill work in all three gears at the crank.

Oz
Blessed is he that believes in Jesus and the FATHER.
oz n bolivia
Trail Guide

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:57 am

I ride a mountian bike when I can, works well for me, still trying to get better at it :cool:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby 45auto » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 am

Mike I think if you can keep up with the wife she could out ride you all day long.
45auto

Postby Mike Brooks » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:48 am

:cool: :cool: :grin: :shock:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby eugene » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Specialized Rockhopper

eugene
Junior Scout

Postby oz n bolivia » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:00 pm

eugene looks good. What is the rear sprocket cassette your using? Where is it you ride the most?

99% of my riding is now on streets. I only get about 1 to 1.5 hours a week, it is getting to cold here and I like to ride before the rush hour starts, so I'm out at 6:45AM an back about 7:30. I've been trying to ride at 10:00AM but the route options are reduced.

oz
oz n bolivia
Trail Guide

Postby eugene » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:30 pm

AFAIK everything is original http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike
I bought it used through criagslist last fall. Picking up some bike tools and learning how to do maintenance and such. Don't get to ride too much now with the kids being little so they need to be trailered. I do ride to work on nice days though.
eugene
Junior Scout

Postby oz n bolivia » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:23 am

I like steel frames maybe a little heavier but very strong. The sprockets look real good. The 20 front with a 28 should give upgrade power and the 42 with 11 gives good level speed.

Before I was forced into retirement my bike was my wheels to work. It is a great way to keep in shape and burn calories. Biking will burn more than walking, and is easier on the knees and ankles than running.

Oz
oz n bolivia
Trail Guide

Postby eugene » Sun May 17, 2009 8:55 pm

since the kids were fighting in the trailer we bought a bike seat and moved my son out to it. This just around our neighborhood

eugene
Junior Scout

Postby eugene » Tue May 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Wife wasn't comfortable on the mountain bike I got her on Criagslist so we went to a local bike shop last Monday and got her fitted and she got a $500 Giant Cypress DX. Its a hybrid comfort bike since were riding trails mostly now with the kids. So we then get an e-mail from then about a buy one get one 25% off sale so when my last meeting got canceled Friday I went over and told them I'd really like a nice new one too and if we qualified for the sale even though we bought hers a couple days before it started I'd buy one so now I have one too but mine was only $375.
Bought a pair of the new Camelbak stainless insulated bottles and the adjustable cage for them so we still spent close to $1000 and thats after $150 between the copilot seat and second rack so they should like us now.
eugene
Junior Scout

Postby oz n bolivia » Sun May 31, 2009 4:46 pm

Hello Eugene,

I like supporting your local bike shop, having worked at Toys R Us several years ago, looking at what Target and WallMart sold, your local bike shop 99% of the time has better bikes, tools, and the quality of the replacement parts are much better. You can get a custom built bike which is nice, or buy the parts and do it yourself.

That goes for the local Gun or sporting goods stores.

Oz
oz n bolivia
Trail Guide

Return to Bicycle Riding: Mountain and Road Bikes