Any great movies you like?

This forum is for men only. Talk about the outdoors, family, God, women, etc.

August rush

Postby 45auto » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:03 pm

I saw August Rush for the second time what a great movie the second time around I plan to see it once more on the big screen
45auto

Postby silvertip » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:11 pm

"legends of the fall" has always been a favorite...I think its because of the way that the family came together after decades of difficulty...and the setting made me think of a time more simple...

an older one that I always watch whenever it comes on is Dustin Hoffman in "Little Big Man"...a sort of twist in a historical novel satiring the old west...in particular the way that the indian nations were treated...
Last edited by silvertip on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
silvertip

Postby Carroll B » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:39 am

The Titians
The Natural
Tip of the Sphere - great movie that made me wonder how far I am willing to go for God.
Radio
Run Silent, Run Deep
As a kid - Old Yeller, 20,000 Leages Under the Sea, Any any of the Davie Crockett Movies

Without a doubt my all time favorite - A Thief in the Night - My late wife saw that movie, came home and preached Genesis to Revelation to me that night before she would let me go to sleep. I was raised in church but that night I kept asking her, "Where are you getting this from?" Her reply, "It's in the Bible." I got saved 3 weeks later; that was 1975.
A blood donor saved my life. Matt 26:28

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:31 am

"Facing the Giants", was a great movie, really lets you know that God is always in control.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby silvertip » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:25 pm

"dances with wolves " is also on the list...I watched it again last night with my wife...I don't know why...but this movie really blesses and makes me aware...I cannot get that soundtrack out of my head...also the scene where "wind in his hair" the friend of the Kevin Costner character yells from the cliff that he is his friend...I think we all, need friends like that...or at least one...sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong century...bless God when a movie makes you feel closer to him !

OMG...if we don't feel these things we are in trouble...in total reality Jesus is that friend to us...he yells out how much he loves us...PTL that he loves us that much...I am a simple man...but knowing God loves me on this level is 100% incredible...I hope you feel the same way...t
silvertip

Postby MissStorm » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Vegas Baby
Men In Black 3
Throphic Thunder
MissStorm

Postby Mike Brooks » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:46 pm

After watching the new "True Grit" I guess I still like the orginal...john wayne is my fav actor...
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Jeremie76 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Courageous is definately a great movie. Facing the Giants is more inspirational in my opinion, but Courageous was a better movie!
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to turn" - Abraham Lincoln
Jeremie76
Trailblazer

Postby Mike Brooks » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Facing the giants was my favorite......
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Men Only