When you see a man standing on the corner

This forum is for men only. Talk about the outdoors, family, God, women, etc.

When you see a man standing on the corner

Postby DaveHawk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 am

with a sign saying; Out of work and homeless please help God Bless. His clothes are always clean and he is well kept. You see him day in and day out. The man is fully capable of work physically..........how would you approach him ?

Then I saw a man who is more desperate, no sign, unshaven in months, dirty cloths, obviously living on the street. I have compassion for this man. Am I wrong for not having compassion for the other.
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Unclebuck257 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 am

I don't think you're wrong at all Dave. I personally feel the same way, for the same reasons. One of the major TV stations did a story on those clean beggers a few years ago and discovered that they make an EXCELLENT living begging like that. Some even make upwards of $150,000.00 per year and pay no taxes on that money either.
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby Unclebuck257 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:47 am

I don't think you're wrong at all Dave. I personally feel the same way, for the same reasons. One of the major TV stations did a story on those clean beggers a few years ago and discovered that they make an EXCELLENT living begging like that. Some even make upwards of $150,000.00 per year and pay no taxes on that money either.
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 pm

I saw that also Jim.
This one guy he is European and I have been seeing him hanging around this 7-11 I stop at. The Lord has placed him on my heart to help. I'm not sure to which point of helping him yet but I gave him a few bucks this morning and then thought of clothing he may need with the winter coming up.
I would appreciate it if you would pray the Lord directs me in this case.
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Unclebuck257 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:53 am

I'll take it to prayer as you requested Dave.
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Return to Men Only