Confession / Struggle

This forum is for men only. Talk about the outdoors, family, God, women, etc.

Confession / Struggle

Postby Jeremie76 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Well I'm going to make a confession about one of the struggles I have. When it comes to hunting and fishing I have a compulsive problem. I cannot go into a hunting fishing store around hunting season without picking something up. I have spent way too much money on hunting things moving out here to Colorado. Going into Sportsmans Warehouse, Gander Mountain, Cabelas, or whatever... I cannot come out of there with something.. even if it's a little fishing lure.
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to turn" - Abraham Lincoln
Jeremie76
Trailblazer

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Boy, that's a tough one. maybe have a friend go with you and give him strict advice to tell you NO spending, and ask lots of questions of the sales staff, and have fun grilling them on products. That will make your trip worth while. :lol:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Bubba in FL » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:17 am

I hate to say this, but doesn't this fall into the same category as committing adultery with your eyes - as Christ described? If you truly want to avoid spending the money - don't go into these stores unless you have a need to get a specific item or items. If you had a drinking problem, you would avoid places where alcohol was served, wouldn't you?
"Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

Acts 10:13
Bubba in FL
Trail Guide

Yea

Postby Jeremie76 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 pm

If I had to guess, I would say that it would be covetting, not adultry. I want something that I don't have. That's my take on it, and yes I know it's a thorn in my side. I am addicted to hunting/fishing/camping gear.
"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to turn" - Abraham Lincoln
Jeremie76
Trailblazer

Return to Men Only