Zimbabwe leopard and lion trail cam pics

Bragging rights, swapping stories, and more

Moderator: Mike Brooks

Zimbabwe leopard and lion trail cam pics

Postby tim416 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Zimbabwe PH Terry Fenn sent me these pictures taken on a safari that just finished up last week

tim416
Greenhorn

Postby DaveHawk » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 am

Great pic's Tim.
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Unclebuck257 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:06 am

Slightly different than the trail cam pics we get here in Texas, but they'll do just fine!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Excellent photos Tim and I guess it never dawned on me that you could/would use those trail cams in Africa too. Thanks for posting. They were very interesting to see.
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby tim416 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:31 am

The African PH is pretty resourceful.
One of the guys I know in Africa has a trail cam with no timer. He uses a battery operated clock and puts fishing line around the batteries and runs it to the base of the bait tree. When the cat comes in it trips the string and pulls the batteries out. When the clock stopped is the time the cat came to the bait.
tim416
Greenhorn

Postby DaveHawk » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:19 am

Tim now that is called a Kimshy rig LOL

I captured this guy on my cam. Letting my son Jarrod hunt him. He got buck fever looking at the pic;s of him. LOL

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Unclebuck257 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:41 am

OK Dave. Interested in adopting!! I'm available!! :lol: :lol:
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby tim416 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Who would'nt get a little jittery when seeing a deer like that.
tim416
Greenhorn

Postby DaveHawk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:57 am

Jim you see the big house in the back ground right. At this spot we are hunting a small creek bottom with big homes on both sides.
If you can cut it your welcome brother anytime to come hunt. We have about a dozen such set up. Guys think the best time to hunt these big boys is during the rut while that is true I like the late season. With Feeders and a bit of snow.
Tim for me I get the fever from a surprise showing of big bucks sneaking in on my back side.
But what your hunting, I think it would take me more then a life time to get past the shakes. :mrgreen:

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby tim416 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Be careful about offers like that. I have driven further distances for less in the past.
I am running a booth for one of our Zimbabwe outfittes at the Harrisburg sportsman's show Februay 5-13. If you are planning on going to that show please let me know so we can make it a point to meet.
tim416
Greenhorn

Postby DaveHawk » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Tim I'll be there. Look forward to meeting you their. Ai'll send you a PM with my info.

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Unclebuck257 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:15 am

Tim,

Do you ever get to any of the big shows in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area? Harrisburg, Pa. is a little far for me to drive :lol: Seriously,I'm originally from Pa., exactly 111 miles from Harrisburg on the Pa. Turnpike, back towards Philly. I've lived in Texas for the past 36-37 years and had to spend about 4 months back up in Pa, just outside of Philly in 2009, starting in March of that year! It reminded me very vividly why I don't live up there anymore, especially in the winters! Dang!! That was the worst bone chilling, damp, cold I had felt in decades. :shock: I got sick in March while there and lost 15 lbs. Come to Texas and we'll meet. Otherwise, I'm afraid we'll have to remain conversing on the net!! :lol:

I know that you Tim don't know this, but I believe Dave does. My wife and I own a steak house restaurant down here.Well, the other night while I was in there early, just sitting there waiting to eat dinner, sipping on a glass of wine, in walked a man to pick up his take out order. He was an older gentleman, about like me and he sat in a chair right by my table at my invitation. We started out conversing about the wine I was drinking and the conversation quickly went to hunting.

Turns out he owns an 800 acre ranch, sandwiched in between three other much larger ranches that are very well known for their fine, big racked, white tail herds. He used to be a hunter, but like me, he has shot many a set of horns and now enjoys just watching for the most part and will only shoot something super super good looking. When the hunting pressure starts on the 3 ranches he's surrounded by, many of the big buck deer come to his ranch. He doesn't allow general hunting but allows about 3-4 of his friends a year to come and shoot a monster buck. Like he says. if they come and shoot the first thing they see, they don't come again! He's serious about it has to be something super good before you shoot it. Like a 37 point non typical a friend of his shot two weeks ago after coming for 2 years before shooting something super good. Anyway, I wound up with an open invitation and I think I'll give him a call and take him up on that invite.

I've shot all sized Elk bulls and many a whitetail too, with a rifle. This is just my cup of tea with a rifle. However, now when it comes to my XBow, at my stand here near my place, I'll shoot anything over 4X4 for my first XBow buck!! :lol:
Last edited by Unclebuck257 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby tim416 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:22 am

I am trying to work my schedule so I can get to Dallas for a couple of days. I won't know until the end of the week if I am going to make it.
I will keep you posted.
tim416
Greenhorn

Postby Unclebuck257 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 am

Sounds like a plan Tim! Just let me know. Go back and read what I added to that post too, please.
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Tim have you ever been contacted to speak at Maryland Bowhunters We have a large dinner each year and out fitters come and auction off hunts. If your interested I'll speak to the powers that be.

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Next

Return to General Hunting