FOR OUR TROOPS AROUND THE WORLD

Let us know where you are! IF YOUR AREA IS LISTED, PLEASE POST IN THAT THREAD RATHER THAN CREATING A NEW ONE.

Moderator: Mike Brooks

FOR OUR TROOPS AROUND THE WORLD

Postby George Reinbold » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:13 pm

I would like to invite everyone visiting the COFA website or the COFA Forum to please forward the website and forum to any of our troops you may know who are defending the U.S. abroad. They may be in Iraq or Afganistan, in Germany or Panama, in the Antartic or at Ice Station Zebra - I'm sure our troops would love to hear about some of the things they're missing back home. I think I would really enjoy reading about some of their camping, fishing, hunting, or back-packing trips. And I'm sure they would have some great tips to help us not let the "big one" get away!
Matt 6:33 - Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
George Reinbold

Postby Mike Brooks » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:14 am

If you know of any troops that might like to receive the e-mag or COFA tips, please let me know! All we need is e-mail addresses to get them sent out. Thanks..send them to mikeb@cofausa.org
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Merry Christmas from Baghdad Irag

Postby kbellamy » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:24 am

Dear Precious Members,

As my wife and I concluded the 2nd Christmas with our son Sgt Brian-David serving our country in Iraq, I must admit it was a somber day and very little very ho ho ho. The day started like any other day with our youngest son Malachi waking up to the excitement of Christmas morning, coming into our bedroom, dragging me downstairs with one eye open. The only thing I wanted was coffee. Then my dear wife comes down and we sit on the couch in silence watching the wrapping paper fly through the air and settle to the floor. Seeing our little guy enjoy the moment makes life a little easier, but knowing that our oldest son (who our little guy calls "Bubba") is far away from home. You could easily see that my wife, Lisa was struggling in the moment as I know where her heart was- Baghdad.
Of course in this wonderful age of computers, we had our Instant Messenger on waiting for that familiar "bling" when someone signs on or sends you a message.
Then it did and it was Brian-David saying, "Merry Christmas from Baghdad Iraq!" Of course my wife left "hoof prints" on my back as she ran over me to get to the computer- it was good to finally see a smile come across her face. Well, it made our day, in fact made our Christmas a little more bearable to be able to IM with our son.
People, make no mistake as we sit here in the comfort of our homes enjoying our freedom we can never forget those who sacrifice their times away from home this Holiday Season- our troops!
I personally do not care what your personal thoughts are about the war, nobody likes war. I do not care care if you are a republican or a democrat. But I do care if you call yourself a Christian and are not praying for our men and women in uniform, especially after you hear your son say, "I feel your prayers- its what we need most of all".
You see, my son is a squad leader of a specialized team of young men, whos primary function is to seek out and capture insurgents- door to door if need be. They do not live in the safe area called the green zone- his squad is embedded outside with the Iraqi police. We asked him once what he needed and he said a case of "silly string" would be nice. (The soldiers use silly string to find out where the "trip wires" are prior/after to kicking in the door). I won't say anything more on that subject.....

So I pass this along to you- "Merry Christmas from Irag Baghdad. Brian-David Bellamy."

If you feel so lead- your thoughts and prayers are appreciated or even a short note or a card means alot, even if it comes from someone he never met.

They need your prayers folks, when we fail to pray the war is lost in more ways than one.

Brian Bellamy
164th MP Co (3/8 CAV)
LSA Anaconda, Balad
APO AE 09391

Well I have said enough and will soon be leaving to take my family to Disneyland. Yes- I will don my Mickey ears and maybe, just maybe mind you get on that dreaded roller-coaster with Malachi!

Merry Christmas and may the good Lord bless you all!

Kevin Bellamy
Kevin Bellamy
Bellamy Outdoors
kbellamy
City Slicker

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:45 pm

Kevin, thanks for sharing this. I am reminded of my dad and his 37 years in the Army, he fought in WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam. I was proud of my dad and my uncles who served in the last great war to end all wars. Kevin, I am proud of your son and all who serve with him. I think we who are Americans should thank our troops when we see them on the streets, in shopping malls, wherever they may be, I sure make a point of it! We will be praying for Brian and his fellow troops. God bless Brain and all that he does for this nation.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby DaveHawk » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Talking about our service me. I'm just outside DC and we have been helping wounded vets out by thanking them hunting. Man it is a joy to talk with them and share stories with.

If anyone knows of a wounded vet at Walter Reed and he hunts pass my name along. I can be reached at my shop. 301-948-6652
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Unclebuck257 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:04 am

Dave,

Will do and that's a GREAT thing you fellows are doing for our wounded warriors.

My nephew, an Army troop, is right in the thick of it in Afganistan with the 101st. He's already had one run in with an IED that got him a Purple Heart on his way back to the war from his 15 day R&R.
I'd love to be able to send him e-mails or the link Mike mentioned, but where he is over there, there aren't many modern emenities, so I write letters to him the old fashioned way. I also keep him in our prayers daily.
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby brownjett » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:18 am

There should be ONLY ONE topic for each location. If you're new here, welcome! Please check in at the topic for where you live. If we don't have a topic for your STATE, PROVINCE, or COUNTRY, please feel free to start a new one. Please use only the name, as with the other topics:
testking study guide
http://www.testkingsite.com/
brownjett
City Slicker

Re: FOR OUR TROOPS AROUND THE WORLD

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:59 am

A big thank you goes out to those serving in the armed forces..thank you so much!
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Return to Roll Call