Getting old sucks LOL

Bowhunters share their stories, tips, etc.

Moderator: DaveHawk

Getting old sucks LOL

Postby DaveHawk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:47 am

I have this little honey hole 10 minutes from the shop and deer do not come in till 30-15 minutes before dark. So at 5 PM I get on stand and here comes Mama and 2 yearlings. I dropped Mama heart shot and 125 yard drag both yearling come back in minutes and I drop the largest one with another heart shot 20 yard drag. Got a sore back and a bit tired physically, just a bit harder to act like a 25 year old late season. I may do another hunt but I most likely I'm done.
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Unclebuck257 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:39 am

And believe me Dave, it's not going to get any better!! :lol: :lol:
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby Unclebuck257 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:39 am

Getting older isn't for wussies!!! :shock: :lol:
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:21 pm

I have 2 flaws Jim, a beer once in a while and I pride myself with keeping up with anyone in the field. Including myself LOL

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Unclebuck257 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Dave,

On a serious note to your last post, I, in no way, consider having a beer or two as a flaw. Now, this view may differ with some of our brothers' views, but no where in The Bible does it say that a person can not have a drink or two. I personally prefer White Zin wine as I never aquired any taste for hard liquor or even really beer, although I'll drink about 2-3 a year. I will however ALWAYS have, two glasses of White Zin prior to a steak dinner at our restaurant, ( 2-3 nights per week usually)or when out at a friend's house and offered some.

In regard to your second flaw, you'll learn soon enough that as you get older, you won't be able to do what you used to do, and you'll learn to live with it! You'll adapt and for example with me, I only use corn feeders with a crank to crank the 75 lb. bucket back up after filling it because you can't lift it that high anymore alone. You'll be shopping for one of those deer carrying carts before long too, believe me!

I'm as independent as a person can get, and don't want to be dependent on anyone when I go hunting, for much of anything. If I wanted to go alone, then I had to adapt and you will too. Nothing to be ashamed of either, just life and the fact that we're both getting older.

I'm even looking into constructing a winch, either battery powered or hand powered, to use in conjunction with my ATV ramps or another type of ramp, so I can get a deer up into my pickup bed alone.
Unclebuck257
Senior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Jim A drink or to is fine when applicable. But to many times I had a beer or drink in my hands and someone questioned me or I was in the mists of an heavy drinker. Not good. But I understand what you are saying.

I getting the gist of getting old and I'm also getting back on the tread mill LOL

ATV's My ATV will drive up into my van with deer on it. For now I'm ok but some areas I can use it and a deer cart would be very helpful. Thanks

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby tim416 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Let me get this straight.... You're complaining because you shot two deer within an hour and had to drag them.
Next you'll be complaining because someone gave you a new Sako rifle but you had to go out and buy a scope for it :???:
tim416
Greenhorn

Postby DaveHawk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:55 am

LOL Tim did win a Tikka 3 270 once with a scope and had to buy a better one for it. Then I had no place to hunt with it so I sold it to a friend and I can still use it any time I need it for a hunt. LOL But I prefer Flint locks.

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:01 am

Dave, you are old??? I thought you were a kid..for every beer, 200 push ups, and 200 sit-ups..Colorado awaits you :cool:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby DaveHawk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:45 am

Mike doesn't look like I will be doing much of them these days. LOL

DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:25 pm

One donut, 100 push ups and 200 sit-ups, wonder why I don't care about donuts to much these days? :shock:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Return to Bowhunting