late season bow kill

Bowhunters share their stories, tips, etc.

Moderator: DaveHawk

late season bow kill

Postby DaveHawk » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Well after hearing from the land owner that this nice 10 was chasing doe's all last week he told me to get him. I have been sitting on stand all week and tonight about last light I was ready to get down and I have 4 smaller bucks under me. One a 16" 8 a 6 and a 4 and a spike. There heads poped up and I look down the creek and here he come running in. He only gave me a front on shot so I put it in the bread basket but hitting a rib the arrow exited the gut Smelly ! So I called the wife needed to head to church for the evening Christmas service and after words Jake and I headed out to fine the guy. Tracking was easy in the snow. I was surprised that he was not in the creek but instead he chose to take a bed on a high point which to observe for invaders. But he was not very successful as you can see a fox had beat me to him. Drag was a little cumbersome to say the least. 200 yards up 2 hills through snow drifts of 3 ' across the creek but Jake was a trooper. Full of Piss and vinegar he did his ol man proud. Youth these days. LOL
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby mortensen » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Nice size buck. Fresh meat for the Holidays!
"Be Blessed and stay prayed-up".
mortensen
Senior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:18 pm

He will be cut up for jerky, all of him. I'm not parcel to old bucks but I am to jerky and stew.
Thanks
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Return to Bowhunting