Bow Hunting

Bowhunters share their stories, tips, etc.

Moderator: DaveHawk

Bow Hunting

Postby DaveHawk » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:20 am

Our season opens the 15th. I have not even scouted any of the 4 farms or 12 private back yards yet. I have seen 6 bucks on the farm I dove hunt and may start my season off there in the afternoon if the corn has not been cut by then. I got there exit from the woods nailed down and a good tree picked out.

Anyone else season opening soon?
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby AnointedArcher » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:28 am

Well 5 more days now and our season here in Michigan opens up. With all the sign I have seen it looks to be a good one.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
AnointedArcher
Senior Scout

Postby Carroll B » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:18 am

I'm late getting started this year. Hope to hang some stands this weekend and maybe hunt in 1-2 weeks for the first time. I didn't pick uo my bow for 10 months so now I have to practice every chance I get to get that confidence back that went the shot presents itself I'll be able to hit the mark for a fast humane kill.
A blood donor saved my life. Matt 26:28

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby davidlt89 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Not even going to take the bow out. we had the harshest winter ever in this state and it decimated the deer herd. lot of "new" restrictions. since we are not allowed to take doe, it does not make sense to go out. Bucks are few a far between and it is hard enough in my part of the state to shoot one with a rifle. I did get a doe permit for downstate and have a Christian brother taking care of the scouting as we speak. Hope you are all blessed with a deer this year. God Bless.
Psalm 27:13

13 Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.
davidlt89
Senior Scout

Postby MARKALLEN » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:57 pm

Dave

I'll be headed to my Missouri farm the end of October to bowhunt, I'm hoping the beans and corn are cut by then, as late as it got planted due to spring rains it may be November before it comes out.

I really don't see many deer until the crops are out and then they zero in on my food plots. Do you see the same thing in Maryland?
MARKALLEN
Junior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 am

The corn is still up in many of the surrounding fields so I'm seeing very little. I am hunting this patch of woods that is in the hub of 3 1000 acre fields nice funnel area. I see 4-5 deer an evening but I know the #'s will rise one the corn is cut.
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Return to Bowhunting