Info about Whisker Biscuit arrow rests..

Bowhunters share their stories, tips, etc.

Moderator: DaveHawk

Info about Whisker Biscuit arrow rests..

Postby Mike Brooks » Mon May 26, 2008 8:48 am

Are there any negative effects on arrow performance with these rests?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby silvertip » Mon May 26, 2008 9:07 am

thats a hot one Mike...the guys that use them love them...I hate them...but I always thought they were an attempt to be a cure all...no tournament or very serious target archers use them...but for a knock around pure hunting bow I am sure they are more than fine...

I have been using Bowdoodle's for way to long...started when I shot competitive 3-D...and never quit since(15 years)...same basic idea that the whiskers have(shaft securement) but wear and accuracy are superior with the BD...

I am sure that will get some blood flowing...especially among some of the guys that really love their whiskers...LOL...t :grin: :grin:
silvertip

Postby Carroll B » Mon May 26, 2008 3:53 pm

I just started bow hunting about 4 years ago and all my hunting is done from a tree stand. At the recommendation of my son I put a WB on my bow and haven't been sorry. It not the cure for everything but when that deer comes into sight I can try to concentrate on my shot and the noise from my heart pounding, and I don't have to worry about my arrow falling off the rest. Still haven't found the cure for my heart pounding and I guess if I do it will be time to give up deer hunting. :grin:
A blood donor saved my life. Matt 26:28

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby silvertip » Mon May 26, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Carroll ! the WB is great for that...but probably single favorite reason I like the BD...all the benefits of the drop away or pronghorn...but also I can turn the bow upside down and its stays perfectly in place...t

it uses three prongs that support the arrow( 120 degrees apart)cock feather goes down...and also offers good protection from fixed broadheads (required out West)...infomercial
over...t..LOL...

silvertip

Postby davidlt89 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:28 pm

no tournament or very serious target archers use them

Very true!!! I do use one for hunting though, would not go in t the woods without it. God Bless.
Psalm 27:13

13 Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.
davidlt89
Senior Scout

Postby silvertip » Mon May 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi David...nice to see you you in friendly territory...LOL...t :grin: :grin:
silvertip

Postby davidlt89 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi David...nice to see you you in friendly territory

Yes, I agree, I am glad you are talking to me my friend. I thought I might of offended you and that was not my intentions. I looked at the picture of the arrow rest you posted and noticed you have a PSE. first bow I ever had was a PSE, sold it and bought a new PSE. Had it for 10 years and loved it. I just bought a fred bear instinct and have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Going to soon. of course, it has the whisker bisquit LOL. God Bless.

13 Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.
davidlt89
Senior Scout

Postby silvertip » Mon May 26, 2008 7:40 pm

I have an idea...a take over would be great...I may seem from other places here a bit of a stalwart...but its kind of my job...in reality I am like everyone else...happy to make new friends...and Jesus Christ is truly the center of what myself and the forum try to focus on...and I am in no way perfect...but try my best...t :grin: :grin: :grin:

I love bow hunting as do many here...cant wait to hear more post's from you...
silvertip

Postby davidlt89 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:35 am

take over would be great...

you got it!!!!!

and Jesus Christ is truly the center of what myself and the forum try to focus on...

yes sir, myself also. It seems we will get along just fine!! I look forward to hearing your bow stories also. I will tell you though, I don't have a lot of stories, I am pretty new to this, but I am hooked for life. God Bless.

davidlt89
Senior Scout

Postby cjwink » Thu May 29, 2008 12:56 pm

I had my arrow rest break out in the field, and a fellow hunter had an old WB.. I put it on and could tell a difference in the speed and drop of the arrow, because I had to resight in the bow.. But I think the bennefits outweigh the costs.. At least for me..
cjwink
Senior Scout

man

Postby BigBadGaBlues » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:53 pm

Quality Archer Products have one that is all the pro's of WBs w/ no bad effects. It locks up with a plastic bar on top to hold it in. But when you shoot the inertia of the string popping forward drops the rest and off it goes.
Turkey Mtn. Studs
Brandon Moore

Psalm 18:2
BigBadGaBlues
Junior Scout

Return to Bowhunting